Dynadot

Greetings, I am new to the forum

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

OBirn

Established Member
Impact
Hello,
I am glad namepros.com is available. There is a great information here, and I still have much more to read. I've started purchasing additional domains and (will soon be) selling them. One thing I am getting stuck on is setting the price. I know a domain is ultimately worth what someone is willing to purchase it for, but to get a starting point I've tried several of the "appraisal tools" online. As you can see below, the appraisal prices vary greatly, depending on which tool you use:

b i k e r j e w e l r y o n l i n e . c o m
GoDaddy's Estimated Value: $1,115
Estibot's is $140

g r a p h i c g e m . c o m
Godaddy's Estimated Value: $1,246
Estibot's is less than $100

d a t a c r y s t a l s . c o m
Godaddy's Estimated Value: $1,839
Free Valuator: $550.69

Can anyone recommend a thread I should read with guidelines on how to set a reasonable price? Do any of the "appraisals" above look somewhat correct? Any insight would be appreciated.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Hello, welcome, don't rely on those tools, you should only use them if you want to flip or get a base price, see similar domain sales on namebio.com and use your own judgment.

•••
Thank you for the advice.

•••
Hello and welcome to nps! Although automated estimates are generally incorrect, if you like to use them, give nameworth.com a try. Don't rely on any of them to purchase a name...spend time here reading and learning before investing too much.

•••
Welcome to NP @OBirn! You’re off to a promising start by putting a big effort on reading and learning. In regards to pricing the best recommendation is to look at what similar names have sold for historically using namebio.com in combination with how similar names are priced in various marketplaces. It is not 100% exact science but will give you a hint.

Good luck!

•••
•••
Thank you all very much.

•••
Hi @OBirn ... welcome to NP. invest in your self with learning more before getting any domain . Then focus to offer your domain with trusted marketplace like Afternic , DAN or Sedo to get their large huge network globally

•••
Thank you. I've looked at the three marketplaces you mentioned over the last week. Is there a general preference of one over the other?

•••
Thank you. I've looked at the three marketplaces you mentioned over the last week. Is there a general preference of one over the other?
My favourite is afternic,

•••
•••
Hello and welcome to NamePros

•••
•••
Welcome to Namepros!
You started well with registering good domains, Good luck.

•••
•••
•••
•••

cartoon-military-general-salute.jpg

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back