Has Flippa gone Insane? Flippa features $98K domain worth 1 dollar

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

ksusha64

Top Member
Impact
Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Seller like me... Newbie... Lol
Flippa like Flippa... !! Pay fees & listing, promoting anything ??!!! ;) OMG...
it's answare why flippa loosing traffic...

•••
who cares about flippa? they are done for me. long before shane told us what we knew years ago.

•••
You are completely wrong. Flippa has been accused of the following.
1.Allowing Shill bidding.
2.Giving Free Premium Listings to their own employees and associates
3. People who paid premium listings got defrauded since its was given away for free so much. Make its much less valuable.
4. Flippa was accused last week of closing accounts of domainers for no reason.
5. There are numerous accusactions against Flippa on NP. Just read it buddy.
Are you an employee of flippa.com or an associate? Please disclose it @JudgeMind

Both offtopic and impolite. The thread was not for accusing Flippa for all the sins of the world. The thread was about how a useless domain became featured. The answer is: this is a paid feature that anyone can buy.

•••
Lets do the math guys 16 days domain for 98 K. I would love to see the prices on his 1 year old domains. He is saving those for Flippa EDITORS CHOICE. The GEMS

I would like to see some of your domains.

•••
3. People who paid premium listings got defrauded since its was given away for free so much. Make its much less valuable.
Are you an employee of flippa.com or an associate? Please disclose it @JudgeMind

accusations are simply accusations. I am a seller/buyer on flippa and have been for a long time. I have not experienced any of the issues above but I'm sure that exactly the same things and worse happen on godaddy, sedo etc

I would refrain from saying I am completely wrong. People who are pissed off at flippa for whatever reason tend to blow things out of proportion and in my experience there are two sides to every story

But anyway, the purpose of this thread is to discuss whether it is flippa fault that a sub par domain is featured on flippas homepage with an upgrade. No it is not their fault but the fault of the individual who purchased the upgrade

•••
•••

I don't know about other things you mentioned and I don't want to discuss that. But I have objection on your second point. They gave me a free upgrade and feature listing for a domain name in past and I don't know anyone with flippa. If you have a good name. Which moderates can assume that this name is really something which will sell at the good price and both parties can take benefit from that feature. They will give you free upgrade.

Last edited:
•••
Indeed, funny. I guess they don't care about domains. You pay - you get listed. Pure madness, IMO
You pay, you get listed , you get a BAN! :guilty:

•••
I don't know what to say but why everyone blaming flippa. If I'm a respective owner of a domain name like xcvhgu.com . its worst domain for the world but I have seen something in this domain and I believe this domain could worth much more than I will do anything to sell it at the good price. Even on flippa because I'm paying the fee and it's paid platform for sellers.

I know it's not a good name and this name not worth even registration fee but the seller looks like a newbie and doesn't have any previous sale record. So leave him alone. He will learn soon. Everyone started like him. We all have bought wrong names in the start. I feel sorry for him. We are insulting him. Which is not right in my opinion.

•••
What you see on Ebay is far worse and very frequent. The marketplaces are happy to take your money for featured listings. After that it's not their problem anymore.

•••
Lets do the math guys 16 days domain for 98 K. I would love to see the prices on his 1 year old domains. He is saving those for Flippa EDITORS CHOICE. The GEMS
Lol

•••
I saw this before and looked into it and remember that I came to the conclusion that there where no actual bids here. It's green colored for some other reason, like maybe a classified offer. In other words, it's not to be taken seriously.

•••
•••
Do you use Flippa? Thread might be in the wrong forum since it's a Domain Marketplace Review forum.

And you realize now it was a paid upgrade? Since multiple people have told you that?

I actually had an upgrade myself before, so it wasn't only employees. Looks like other people who have actually used the platform have as well, based on the posts here.

This doesn't actually make any sense:

"Flippa was accused last week of closing accounts of domainers for no reason."

Why in the world would they do that? Businesses don't close accounts for no reason. Sometimes they make a mistake but it makes no sense to close good accounts.

•••
Still, i have something VERY DARK inside me after the ban. A grudge...

•••
That might be the longest domain name I have seen in a while =-D haha if someone actually pays 28k for it means anything can sell and I mean anything haha =-D Doubt it though. lol

The person who put it up and paid for the upgrade should of definitely picked a better domain this seems like an absolute waste.

- Will

•••
Maybe it was just a joke to get us all talking about it.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back