sales Heika.com Sells for $300,000

Spaceship
Watch

equity78

Top Member
TheDomains Staff
TLDInvestors.com
Impact
Sedo hit a home run with Heika.com The domain has been under privacy since 2009, back then someone in South Korea owned the domain. The domain has been registered since 2000. Dropped once prior.

Flippa had a very nice day too with a few four and five figure closes led by Procrastination.com at $10,000.

Read the full sales report here

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
The buyer got a great deal. Heika is worth at least $500,000.

•••
•••
•••
Heika = Majesty in Japanese.

•••
I agree with Heika being a great name but someone has to explain to me who the hell would pay 10K for procrastination...
Yes good for an info site or blog but that's it

Heika is also part of Ikebana.

•••
•••
•••
..but who the hell would pay 300k for Majesty? lol

As I mentioned above Heika is also a particular form of Ikebana.
Japan has over 100Million inhabitants and some of Japanese words are very well known and used worldwide thus there is a big value in them...pity that you can't see it

•••
As I mentioned above Heika is also a particular form of Ikebana.
Japan has over 100Million inhabitants and some of Japanese words are very well known and used worldwide thus there is a big value in them...pity that you can't see it

lol pity? get over it man!!

why didnt they get Ikebana instead of Heika? I still fail to understand the value of the domain name, or you really dont know yourself :P

Ikebana is the Japanese art of flower arrangement. (definition as per Wikipedia)

•••
I haven't had much luck with Japanese .coms. This gives me hope. :)

•••
lol pity? get over it man!!

why didnt they get Ikebana instead of Heika? I still fail to understand the value of the domain name, or you really dont know yourself :P

Ikebana is the Japanese art of flower arrangement. (definition as per Wikipedia)

First of all relax.
Second I am not a man.
Third it's always a pity when someone is in someway missing out some opportunities because he/she is failing to understand the value or the potential of a certain investment.
Forth I suspect you are still not understanding considering that the value of ikebana.com is much higher than what they paid for heika beside not being for sale probably.
Fifth I probably understand it better than you as I gave you reasons that justify the price while you have only been repeating that you don't understand...well...keep not understanding then!

•••
..but who the hell would pay 300k for Majesty? lol

Well how much would you expect somebody to pay if you owned king.com? or queen.com?

•••
First of all relax.
Second I am not a man.
Third it's always a pity when someone is in someway missing out some opportunities because he/she is failing to understand the value or the potential of a certain investment.
Forth I suspect you are still not understanding considering that the value of ikebana.com is much higher than what they paid for heika beside not being for sale probably.
Fifth I probably understand it better than you as I gave you reasons that justify the price while you have only been repeating that you don't understand...well...keep not understanding then!

First and foremost, I am fully relaxed and have had all my Thai-Massages for the year that I needed, so you dont have to tell me what to do!
Second, your profile photo and name doesnt say your gender!
Third, I do not invest in what I dont know about, or some language I do not understand, but hey pity on you as well since you missed an opportunity eh?
Fourth (its FOURTH not FORTH), You still didnt elaborate on the value of heika, and now ranting about value of another name!!
Fifth, you gave whatever reasons and that justifies the price a domain name? oh wow, that means whatever you say is justified now?

I give it to you woman, you win, enjoy!

•••
Well how much would you expect somebody to pay if you owned king.com? or queen.com?

Are we talking about king or queen dot com's here? no my friend, its not even majesty dot com here but something that is similar to the last word so yeah five figures seem relevant, not 6 figures is my humble opinion.

You or few others may even go upto paying 7 figures, but that's you :)

•••
•••
Why .com and not .jp ?

There are too many WHY's in this sale but guess endusers or investors do not care EM! :(

•••
I personally have a problem with foreign language words being translated into English, and then claimed they are Premium domains. Why are they Premium? @-EM- asked why .com not .jp. I would ask why an English translation of a Japanese word is valuable even though it has no sense in English? I might just go and translate the top 10,000 japanese words into the English language and register all the available .coms :) Rinse and Repeat for the top ten languages used in business today. Do you think this might be profitable exercise? :)

I have no problem with this domain selling for $300k. The buyer apparently wants the domain. I just wish my non-sensical single word .com's could sell for 1% of that.

•••
Great sale. All sales are good for industry. The larger the better. Increases everyone's portfolio and brings awareness on just how expensive that domain they must have might run them.

•••
Why .com and not .jp ?
Being a resident of Japan for 8 years, I can say that .jp and even .co.jp are sub-standard to everything else.

It's weird.

I called it in an appraisal for 10-15k on Yabai.com on this forum when a Japanese buyer had a budget of $600; it sold for $10k on Flippa I believe. People have money in Japan. Never let a Japanese buyer, that is an established business, tell you that they have no money or settle for less. They can come up with the funds, if you make it more valuable to them than they already perceive.

One company I like to toss out a lot is the largest retailer in Japan. I forgot exact numbers, but they run AEON and the food chain MaxValu, which are comparable in sales to that of Wal-Mart in USA. They can afford the $5000 (I believe) for the .co.jp and even $25-$100 for a .jp. However, they print AEON.info on the top of their receipts.

.info gained a lot of traction in Japan and .com is just now catching on. With the release of new gTLD's, I haven't seen much sway, except of course the colors I wrote about that were pawned off for $1.99-much like .info. A few sites are developed with .red and .whatever, but it doesn't make any sense whatsoever with their business. They buy a name that American's think are good.

It is a very strange culture.

This is a good multi-national name, at a good price for obviously the seller, and the buyer (which most likely had deeper pockets).

•••
It's a very strange culture indeed. Using domains which are translations into English of Japanese words, and using that for their website, presumably in Japanese? How much would the Japanese version of Majesty be worth? How does a Japanese type English words on a Japanese keyboard, for instance? Assuming that most keyboards in Japan are in Japanese?

•••
Great sale, lucky seller :)
Gave me motivation to register nice Japanese .info domain name which I believe may be valuable.
It is not .com but at least it means something.
10/100 of the above sale price will suffice.
I didn't find any trademarks and I presume the Royal Family of Japan won't mind.
Hand registered it 10 minutes ago.
I'm not sure it will be proper to mention the name of the domain here, it can be found on the proper section of the forum(Reg of the day thread).

Last edited:
•••
It's a very strange culture indeed. Using domains which are translations into English of Japanese words, and using that for their website, presumably in Japanese? How much would the Japanese version of Majesty be worth? How does a Japanese type English words on a Japanese keyboard, for instance? Assuming that most keyboards in Japan are in Japanese?
All keyboards are Romajii (Roman characters) with a "CAPS LOCK" key of sorts, which changes it into Hiragana, that can then switch to Kanji, or Katakana.

The primary layout of PC/laptop keyboards are with the Roman alphabet, but smartphones are different. They are standard with A, I, U, E, O, KA, MA, etc. (KA changes throughout the alphabet such as KA, KI, KU, KE and KO, etc.). However, they also have a key to change over to the Roman alphabet.

Because of this, IDN's aren't as popular as they should be. It is a lot harder to type やま.com and 山.com because of this switch. The Kanji of course meaning mountain, but Hiragana could have double meaning (getting a little off topic now). Yama.com would be the best.

With all of my travels in Japan, I have primarily seen .com's and .info's on print (billboards, etc.) as opposed to a .co.jp.

With みんな (Japanese for "Everyone") being released and .コム (KO-MU/com), it somewhat fixes this challenge. Though, the internet has been around for some time, and in order for these to catch on, a huge feat has to be made for an IDN.IDN in the Japanese market. People are quick to change back and forth between keyboards, that it really isn't necessary. In addition to that, the IDN of .com reminds me of ゴム (GO-MU, rubber, or something else made of latex)... Verisign should have done their research and known that even though they're pronounced differently, you can barely see a difference, and that will confuse people in my opinion.

I think it will be challenging and I predict that it will be Romajii.com/.info for quite a time more. Maybe some will catch on, but they will be smaller sales.

•••
It is a very strange culture.

This is a good multi-national name, at a good price for obviously the seller, and the buyer (which most likely had deeper pockets).

Oh man, yes I believe the entire world agrees it is a little....strange :lookaround: (hope any Japanese members here won't mind)

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back