sales Heika.com Sells for $300,000

Spaceship
Watch

equity78

Top Member
TheDomains Staff
TLDInvestors.com
Impact
Sedo hit a home run with Heika.com The domain has been under privacy since 2009, back then someone in South Korea owned the domain. The domain has been registered since 2000. Dropped once prior.

Flippa had a very nice day too with a few four and five figure closes led by Procrastination.com at $10,000.

Read the full sales report here

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Agreed as well, but umm does that mean we go learning every other language in the world? potential is there in German, Chinese, French, Polish and many others as well, no? :P

I'd rather focus on what I know bro :)

If we could learn all the languages in the world, we'd definitely be something to reckon with! lol

•••
•••
•••
I sold one a few years ago for $23,500 so I guess they do.

How does the domain look today? Was it ever / Is it still in productive use?

•••
It all depends upon the type of buyer!! If buyer think its a guanine offer from his side, may be we are thinking that its good price the buyer is paying as we all are in domaining and we know the market and price of each and every domain name!!

So if a crazy buyer can do this, then its not strange in that case!

Am I right?

•••
Remember, once you sell a name, you will likely never be able to use it again.

How much is that worth to you?

Let's play a numbers game...

If you buy 500 domains, that are decent domains (read the forums you know what a decent domain is).

If you don't, and won't, sell any of these names for under six figures... you are bound to make a sale eventually for a high six figure amount.

If you are a true investor and believe in your chosen names, even if you didn't sell a name for 6 years you still would have only invested $25k in your portfolio... and if you picked correctly I doubt you would have to even wait that long.

This is the year people are truly understanding the value of short .COMs and it's only going up from here for the next 5 to 8 years. After that, who knows.

The nTLD game was fun, but it's done and .COM is the winner, and always will be.

Hold onto your valuable domain real estate, and do not settle for less that what you should be compensated for parting with a name.

Portfolio owners need to stop looking at names as just 'names' and remember that if you can win a UDRP on a name, then when you sell your domain you are essentially selling your intellectual property rights to ever use that exact match .com name.

Looking back, I've undersold quite a few names for an amazing ROI... but still undersold.

This sale, and many others like it, are exactly why in 2015, and moving forward, I won't be parting with any of my owned domains for under $50k and that's if I am feeling generous.

Every one of my owned names has an active plan or pending idea behind it... if someone wants to own that instead, then I will be compensated accordingly.

This domain owner could have asked for $10k and felt really great about the sale. But what's better $10k or $300k.

Be audacious... nobody does anything awesome by doing what everyone else does.

That just my .03 cents. Cheers!

•••
This is the year people are truly understanding the value of short .COMs and it's only going up from here for the next 5 to 8 years. After that, who knows.

The nTLD game was fun, but it's done and .COM is the winner, and always will be.

on point!

•••
I don't understand why people are arguing over this. The end-user felt it costs that much and they see an investment. We've all been there with domain names, except most of us don't have that much (i.e. 300K) to invest. ;-D

•••
I don't understand why people are arguing over this.

No one arguing bro, except for one odd bad apple in the community. Healthy discussion is what I would label it as ;)

•••
heika.com goes to a Chinese new owner now, so it is a Chinese pingyin domain which might be referred to black card.

Last edited:
•••
Not surprising. No idea why they want it, but I know another Chinese guy who turned down twice that much for a stone that vaguely resembled a turtle. (I was sitting on it when he told me.)

I liked procrastination.com. A bit long and prone to misspellings, but a lot of people have problems with procrastination. A self-improvement course could be built around it.

Last edited:
•••
•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back