NameSilo

Holy hell is MSN Search fast!

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Man... I just posted that thread about the 631 linkpop in the free things forum yesterday.. about 2 hours after I added that script..

and today, MSN is showing sights from that linking to me already :o

this is like..less than 24 hours for updated search results! MSN is sooooo gonna own google in results.. if it doesnt already..wow.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Right on Lee. MSN kicks butt!!

•••
The new MSN Search™ rocks, IMHO! :tu: :music:

:lala:

•••
Yeah, I do find that MSN is a bit better than Google. I still use Google though, I'm so used to typing in http://www.google.com instead of http://search.msn.com. I dunno, but I do like the results they provide.

•••
MSN search is way better than google now IMO :)

•••
well..i sent them (MSN) a message giving them some lovin :P

I asked for a pagerank system, I know they are looking into it.. but maybe we can speed it up a bit if others submit queries/feedback for it?? here's the link to their feedback thingy if your so inclined :)

http://ccc01.opinionlab.com/o.asp?id=hRwHyjaR

no need to type in google or msn when you use the MSN toolbar ;)
I will admit, its weird still not have google up there even after 2 weeks or so.. but man... the payout from msn just rocks.

•••
MSN hits the Manor several times daily, it's really fast on getting the info updated...

•••
I had no idea. I'm too much of an avid googler to realize I guess.

•••
MSN is taking over google beware.

•••
KPR said:

Google is already ruler of the world! ;)

•••
some competition will make us happy.... ;)

•••
Yeah, I'm happy with the competition. I've noticed that I get traffic to new sites from MSN then I do from Google.

I'm sure this competition will only make Google's service even better. I still use Google to do any searching. :)

•••
wow, i just checked it right now, its pretty fast

•••
KPR said:

Never going to happen but some healthy competition is always good :imho:

•••
Never going to happen but some healthy competition is always good

1) msn makes explorer
2) explorer is on nearly 90% of PC's world wide
3) next update of IE will most likely include msn toolbar built in
4) every PC sold mainline has msn.com as it's default s/e
5) longhorn is coming out, nuff said there
6) msn keeps up this pace and google will fall to the land of yahoo (remember yahoo? www.yahoo.com if you dont :))
7) google has one solid field, as an se. MSN has How many????
8) msn has a longer track record, more money and more backing in terms of investors and technology.. not to mention all the above and cand spend endless lines of cash to ensure it's position.

that said, I think the S/E from msn alone speaks for itself... and once people understand the importance of it (webmasters and domainers) being the first place to list AND update sites, linkpop..et al... the move will just be natural

•••
I've noticed MSN loves ImageCabin.com and sends us lots of hits while Google still likes but less hits.

Gooo MSN SEARCH! :hehe:

•••
Indeed, MSN is growing larger everyday - But that doesn't mean Google is completely out, I'm sure they'll fight fire with fire..

I'm beggining to like MSN better too. :P

•••
MalinRepair said:
Yeah, I do find that MSN is a bit better than Google. I still use Google though, I'm so used to typing in http://www.google.com instead of http://search.msn.com. I dunno, but I do like the results they provide.

Yeah, same here. I try using MSN whenever I can, but typing in google is just so much more convenient.

•••
Yes whenever I need to search, bang google is in my head and its already typed :lol:

However my site is climbing in the rankings in msn and I'm loving every minute of it while google is stubborn and I have to purchase google ads to be there ;) ha!

•••
I have more links listed in msn for all of my sites but 2. As well, I get more hits for all of my sites from msn than google and yahoo! combined.

•••
i also found that msn search picks up my new websites much faster than google.

•••
I've had the same results - one of my sites was lucky enough to be indexed very well on MSN and now any site I link to it is indexed in days - much faster than Google at this point. Because of those results I've started to use MSN more. However, it will knock around your results sometimes so it can get frustrating. I've been bumped all the way down to the 3rd page and now I'm back at #6 (was #1 a little over a month ago).

•••
if msn had a better and clean interface like google, i would definitely switch from google to msn. currently msn search page loads lots of crap.

•••
i've never actually tried msn search. but, i just tried it! haha. i still prefer google though.

•••
LeeRyder said:
Holy hell is MSN Search fast!

And better results than google for the most part, IMO.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back