NameSilo

Holy hell is MSN Search fast!

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Man... I just posted that thread about the 631 linkpop in the free things forum yesterday.. about 2 hours after I added that script..

and today, MSN is showing sights from that linking to me already :o

this is like..less than 24 hours for updated search results! MSN is sooooo gonna own google in results.. if it doesnt already..wow.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
MalinRepair said:
Yeah, I do find that MSN is a bit better than Google. I still use Google though, I'm so used to typing in http://www.google.com instead of http://search.msn.com. I dunno, but I do like the results they provide.

Thats the only reason why I sitll use google, just plain habit.

LeeRyder said:
1) msn makes explorer
2) explorer is on nearly 90% of PC's world wide
3) next update of IE will most likely include msn toolbar built in
4) every PC sold mainline has msn.com as it's default s/e
5) longhorn is coming out, nuff said there
6) msn keeps up this pace and google will fall to the land of yahoo (remember yahoo? www.yahoo.com if you dont :))
7) google has one solid field, as an se. MSN has How many????
8) msn has a longer track record, more money and more backing in terms of investors and technology.. not to mention all the above and cand spend endless lines of cash to ensure it's position.

that said, I think the S/E from msn alone speaks for itself... and once people understand the importance of it (webmasters and domainers) being the first place to list AND update sites, linkpop..et al... the move will just be natural

Well said!

What I like about MSN search is that it rewards webmasters with great content in their sites, whereas google seems to make things as difficult as possible.
I always think: Why not work with webmasters instead of against them, this will get them to concentrate on great content sites rather than just trying to please google.

•••
hmmm makes you wonder if Google will step up to the plate and really dig in to improve their search engine even further :)

•••
my site was indexed 17th for a specific word. but now its not.any idea how to get it back on msn?

•••
Why not work with webmasters instead of against them, this will get them to concentrate on great content sites rather than just trying to please google.

EXACTLY!

right now, the internet is hamstrung, being regulated, censcored by google. Everyone (say to be fair 80%) is making their websites per googles TOS and off of what pays the most.
I dont think ever before has the public ever been more regulated in terms of it's freedom of speech.. not even to mention that it's being manipulated by a corporation.

•••
I prefer MSN over Yahoo any day!

•••
MSN Search is reeaaally good! But I still like google, lol. MSN is better right now though. :lol:

•••
i never used msn search but i will try it now and see if it searchs fast.

•••
All of my sites lately have had better results in MSN than google.

•••
I hear MSN is also giving more weight to metatags, where the other search engines now pretty much ignore them. It might pay to go back and look at your metatags you've forgotten about for the last couple of years!

•••
For a search engine I love Info.com.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back