Dynadot

How accurate is Estibot

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

John Buzby

Established Member
Impact
I'm fairly new to domain buying and was wondering how do you get an idea of a domain names retail value?

What tools do you use to get an idea of the market demand or a domain name value?

Do you base it on estibot?

Let's say estibot valued a domains name at $1000 and you purchased it at $100 would you consider it a good wholesale deal if it's a keyword you're looking for?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I do use Estibot but only for a gut feel. I never value my domains based on the value that Estibot gives.

I think valuing an exact match domain all depends on the average monthly searches, the CPC, the competition for that keyword, and the length of the domain name. If the domain hard to spell or not counts too.

•••
•••
Estibot: useful, but very inaccurate.

•••
Don't use Estibot to appraise domains...ever!!

•••
You used accurate and estibot in the same sentence

•••
You could say estibot is useful for everything it provides, except for valuation.

There are only two tools in existence that can be used for that, one is between your ears, and the other is called experience/gut-feeling.

Last edited:
•••
•••
I don't think any of the online automated programs are particularly accurate for valuating domains.

Try the same domain at three different valuation sites and you'll get wildly differing estimates.

•••
Estibot in action:

darts-blindfolded.jpg

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back