NameSilo

How Can I... Remove a Page From the History Object?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
:-/ Does anyone know a JavaScript function to remove a page from the History object (without using window.location.replace())? :-/

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Only the user can delete his/her own history ... it would be a major invasion of privacy if JS could interact with a list of pages a user has been too recently.

•••
Ok, thanks.

D-: But just so that you know, JS CAN interact with the history list ;)

B-) I'm designing a function that can do what I described above, I had to do a bit of DOM research though.

Alright, done! Here is a link to the file I made: formmaker.txt

•••
According to JavaScript: The Definitive Guide (4th Edition. O'Reilly, 2002), page 401:
The History object was originally designed as an array of URLs that represented the complete browsing history of the browser. Once the privacy implication of this became apparent, however, all access to the actual URLs was restircted, and the History object was left with only its back() forward(), and go() methods to move the browser through the history arry without revealing the contents of the array.

And you'll notice in the script that you wrote, that you never once touch the History object ... perhaps you meant something else by your original post?

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back