NameSilo

How can I sell the domain names in my portfolio?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

azeez yusuf

Impact
Hello Great Domainers in the house,
I learnt about domain flipping not quite long. After getting my first training through a video i bought on the internet, I decided to practice what i have learnt so far. So i bought the following domain names:

FxTradingJobs.com
RetailGolfStores.com
ForexTransactions.com
Cherish.es

But the problem now is that I don't even know how to get buyers for the domain names? Any advice as to go about it will be appreciated.

Thanks

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I cant see any value in these

You will need to read through section for a while before regging any more names, it will save you money in the long run

https://www.namepros.com/forums/domain-beginners.25/

Check out namebio.com as well to see recent domain sales

•••
Thanks for your honest advice.

•••
If you have no idea how you are going to sell the domain when you buy it, then in all probability, you should not have bought the domain. Of course sometimes we buy domains for speculation, but usually 99.9% of all speculation fails.

Stick with one or two word .com domains. Of course the two words should be symbiotic. They should be appealing for a business to buy and use the domain for their website.

•••
If you have no idea how you are going to sell the domain when you buy it, then in all probability, you should not have bought the domain. Of course sometimes we buy domains for speculation, but usually 99.9% of all speculation fails.

Stick with one or two word .com domains. Of course the two words should be symbiotic. They should be appealing for a business to buy and use the domain for their website.

I really appreciate your advice. Am still a student and such is bound to happen. But I have learnt some lessons

•••
Hi

when newbies read about 'flipping" they get the wrong impression from the start.

flipping is a relatively new term in domaining, which relates to "selling a domain within a short time frame of acquisition" (usually less than 6 months or before first renewal)

now, you can go and buy any unregistered domain and THINK you will sell it, within a short time frame....but 99 to 1, it won't happen.

so that means you ain't a flipper.

the term arose from domainers with experience, who buy domains knowing the name is already in demand, will be in demand or has some other inherent/intrinsic value, like traffic.

these type of domains often receive "is this name for sale" inquiries, so for the owners, it's basically a waiting game for the best offer or they can liquidate it, to make other purchases.

the hopes and expectations are high after you read some newbie books or watch newbie video's, but rarely do they discuss newbie loses.

imo....

•••
You will never sell any of these. Drop them all and start again.

•••
I am sad to drop them. Can you tell me why?

•••
Because you just wasted your money registering them. None of them will sell. Get rid of them and start over, AFTER you have acquired better skills at domaining. There. Complied with your wishes. You weren't spared.

Last edited:
•••
Flipping and domains have been around for 10 years, maybe longer.
Not a new term at all.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back