IT.COM

advice How can I set my prices?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

SauravG

Account Closed (Disallowed)
Impact
Hello,
I have a question, when purchase a new domain then how you set the prices, is there any measurement to identified the price.
I have bought few domains but i'm very confused how to list the buy it now price for my domains.

Thanks
Saurav

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Question: why would you buy a name without first understanding its end user resale value?

•••
confused how to list the buy it now price
That is one of the hardest parts of what we do. Finding domain names, even good ones, can be very easy. It is the part after we get them that is hard.

Use the search function in upper right corner and search for 'comparable sales' and 'how to price a domain', etc. Take notes as you read...there is alot of info that needs to be absorbed.

•••
Question: why would you buy a name without first understanding its end user resale value?
Because it's not matter imo
After the purchase now it's upto you sell in low mid or high profit.

Im just asking i purchased domain in auction for $200 then what should be i set the buy it now price for it?

•••
That is one of the hardest parts of what we do. Finding domain names, even good ones, can be very easy. It is the part after we get them that is hard.

Use the search function in upper right corner and search for 'comparable sales' and 'how to price a domain', etc. Take notes as you read...there is alot of info that needs to be absorbed.
Someone share his experienced with me, he said me if you're not aware that domain could be a 5fig or 4fig high then leave it make offer.

•••
Im just asking i purchased domain in auction for $200 then what should be i set the buy it now price for it?
There's a special section on this website, where you can mention the domain and ask the community for an appraisal. Mentioning the domain is essential, without the domain we cannot say anything about its potential.

The NamePros Domain Appraisal section can be found here:

https://www.namepros.com/forums/domain-appraisal.3/

•••
Someone share his experienced with me, he said me if you're not aware that domain could be a 5fig or 4fig high then leave it make offer.
If I have a name that I know the value and it is less than x,xxx value, I usually put a BIN on it and forget it.

If I feel a name is valued (retail) above 1,000, I list it with 'make offer' with a min bid of 100, 250, 500 or 1000.

•••
Hi

if you spent $200, then when you list for sale, you want to at least get $201 net, for a $1 profit.

now, for every dollar above $200, that you want as a ROI or return on investment... then that is the price you set as your BIN or buy it now.

price and value and/or worth are not always the same.
so, you have to know or have idea of the domains' potential value, to the right buyer.

that's why the question was asked below, which BTW is huge factor of consideration before buying a domain.
why would you buy a name without first understanding its end user resale value?

imo...

•••
Hi

if you spent $200, then when you list for sale, you want to at least get $201 net, for a $1 profit.

now, for every dollar above $200, that you want as a ROI or return on investment... then that is the price you set as your BIN or buy it now.

price and value and/or worth are not always the same.
so, you have to know or have idea of the domains' potential value, to the right buyer.

that's why the question was asked below, which BTW is huge factor of consideration before buying a domain.

imo...
I got it. That means if i going to buy a domain in $2000 that you also need to check if there are rich companies or poor.

Thank you this will help me alot.

•••
Because it's not matter imo
After the purchase now it's upto you sell in low mid or high profit.

You paid 200 but it might be worth 180 (only other bidder) or 10000 (ideal end user) to someone else. You should understand which before you buy.

If you sell for 201 net as someone else suggested you will not make a profit on a portfolio basis and will go broke.

•••
There's a special section on this website, where you can mention the domain and ask the community for an appraisal. Mentioning the domain is essential, without the domain we cannot say anything about its potential.

The NamePros Domain Appraisal section can be found here:
I posted a domain there but i just got one reply with "Registration fee" 🥲

•••
I posted a domain there but i just got one reply with "Registration fee" 🥲
Loosely translated, this means that it will prove to be very difficult to find an end user for your domain. Remember, there are 172.7 million .com domains registered. A lot of them are 'for sale'. Even good domains can go unsold for a long time. Use the information on this forum to improve yourself every day and pay close attention to your costs. Wish you good luck.

Last edited:
•••
•••
@SauravG The domain in question is in PendingDelete status. Are you aware of this?

Domain Status: pending delete
YEs that is right, this will available soon i received notification by dynadot.
But
How you find this was pending delete?

•••
•••
Loosely translated, this means that it will prove to be very difficult to find an end user for your domain. Remember, there are 172.7 million .com domains registered. A lot of them are 'for sale'. Even good domains can go unsold for a long time. Use the information on this forum to improve yourself every day and pay close attention to your costs. Wish you good luck.
How can i check a specific domain is good and in which price i should to acquire it?

I was checked daily namebio and godaddy auction there are many domains selling in high 4 figure, why these domains getting huge bids?

•••
That information is publicly available in whois.

Here's your playground:
Thank you! This is very helpful
Last question -
I was tracking dynadot expired auction - if no bid place then it drop in closeout.

after the closeout these available for registration, right?

But, I noticed few of the domains after the closeout not available for registration, why?

•••
•••
Pricing is one of the most challenging part of domain investing. You need to take into account that perhaps 1% of domain names sell after 12 months, and many never ever sell. As a result, you need to make a substantial profit on that one domain name that sells to make up for many others that do not sell.

You might find the models with different, acquisition prices, sell-through rates, and selling price assumptions in this article helpful.
https://www.namepros.com/blog/the-minimum-domain-price-for-profitability.1313195/

But you need also consider what a buyer is likely to be willing to pay, and what other names that are in competition with yours are selling at. I am covering that as part of the NamePros Blog article to be published late tomorrow.

-Bob

•••
Hello,
I have a question, when purchase a new domain then how you set the prices, is there any measurement to identified the price.
I have bought few domains but i'm very confused how to list the buy it now price for my domains.

Thanks
Saurav
Simple it depend of the buyer :xf.cool::coffee: don't waste your time on that .

Example :

If the net profit $100M USD they can spend between $100K - $1M USD . :xf.wink:
net100M.png

If the net profit $1B USD they can spend between $1M - $10M USD . :xf.wink:
1B.png

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back