NameSilo

How do I...

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
i am thinking about buying a server and hosting my site myself any one have any suggestions of thinks i can read up on to learn basicly everything i need to know to do this.....plus any server recomendations and places to buy them from(semi-cheap)

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Rackshack.net, now www.ev1servers.net offers good priced dedicated servers. In their support forums you'll find step by step guidelines for setting things up, they also have some video tutorials to get you through most tasks.

My advice is to go with a Linux based server over a Windows based web server, for reliability and ease of use.

•••
Agreed with RJ. I used to have several servers at Rackshack.net until I sold my webhosting company recently. I would strongly suggest getting a linux server with ensim/cpanel.

•••
yes if you don't have a lot knowledge about servers, one with ensim/cpanel will be good, though if you have a lot of knowledge just good old red hat will be fine :)

I would suggest rackshack.net (e1servers.net) i used to have 2 servers with them prices are good and in their forums if you need help with something you can USUALLY find the answer.

Regards
Brian

•••
build your own it will probably be cheaper and the difference isnt that big of deal. The major costs are the lines.

Good luck!

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back