IT.COM

How do you get the word out as a teen?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

CrazyTech

Wordpress & Web Hosting GuyVIP Member
Impact
This is something I'm curious about. I've developed some websites in the past - some successful, probably just as many not successful due to various reasons. However, I'm amazed sometimes to see sites quickly grow - often sites owned and operated by teens. I recently bought a teen forum just a little under a month ago and it has become my most successful website but it's been an uphill battle because I don't seem to have the budget of many competing websites.

I'd just like to know how do you (as a teen) get the word out about your websites? I spent some money on advertising (my budget is very limited) and gave up on it eventually. I've received some very good listings in various engines but that's just now starting to turn over for me. I've tried going around to other forums to spread the word, but that doesn't always seem to work. What's your method (if you care to share, of course)?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I always use forums to get out the word about my site :tu:

The other thing i do is from word of mouth (well keyboard actually) as people that enjoy my site or find it helpful, pass it on to their friends etc. :)

•••
It depends on how much money you have, if you have any at all, and what your website is about. Usaually if you just coppied an idea off a bigger site, your's won't do well. Why do you think people sell sites, because they aren't doing well...

•••
Hmm try to find some topsite lists and forums which have the same or nearly the same content as your site and advertise there :)

•••
DON'T TELL YOUR FRIENDS THAT ITS YOUR WEBSITE... THEY WILL HATE IT!

If you want to make a website your friends will go on say "There is this site thats really cool..." not "go to my site..."

Also - post on forums! :) Happy Advertising

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back