NameSilo

advice How To Find The Decision Maker When Buying or Selling Domains

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
How-To-Find-The-Decision-Maker.jpg

One of the toughest aspects of buying and selling domains comes down to finding the right person to reach out to.

For a while, I kept sending email after email but mainly no responses, so I started to research tools and methods that would give me the right contact information I would need to get better results.

Now even though these are well known methods and do work as you can see...

@Willox Perez

Read more

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
yes you are right ! domaining toughest part is to find the right buyer for the domain. But also sometines it depends on the luck and also the buyers at that time.

•••
Try to search the decision maker on social networks.. Btw many time they seem annoyed when someone reach them there with the purpose of a sales.
They seem more irritated on socials then via phone call

•••
@Omar Negron I gave a try also today with whoisolgy on a privacy whois domain but i can't get any special info that other whois can detect. Could you elaborate more?
btw i used a free lience..

•••
yes you are right ! domaining toughest part is to find the right buyer for the domain. But also sometines it depends on the luck and also the buyers at that time.

You are right on about the timing! This is why you must also follow up on people who had shown interest in buying the domain, it may take months before they finally make a decision and purchase it. Persistence will be key.

- Will

•••
@Omar Negron I gave a try also today with whoisolgy on a privacy whois domain but i can't get any special info that other whois can detect. Could you elaborate more?
btw i used a free lience..

When it comes to whoisology if it still shows private then i just simply move on. But for the most part when I was doing my outbound it showed me more than with a whois search.

- Will

•••
Linkedin is VERY useful. as when you try to contact a company. they usually have "blockers" ie secretaries or operators who will need you to give them a name of the person you want to reach. that's where linkedin is useful as most of the exec's are on there anyway. try to connect. what the heck? worst case scenario? they deny.

but if they did?

now you have an "in" when you call. like "hey! we're connected on Linkedin! I was wondering if I could interest you in this wonderful domain I own?"

or something like that.

without linkedin you will be blocked by that receptionist.

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back