Dynadot

question How to Promote Your Auctions?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

DANEYAL

Top Member
Impact
Please share Your Opinions & Perspectives on Domain Auction Promotions.
How many ways we can promote our domain auctions.
Different Auction Places can play an important role in certain domain auctions.

Whether to start every domain auction with a no reserve?
Domain Auction advice for beginners!
How many days auction could be the best strategy.

Role of Market Places premium auction & suggestions in this regard, specially regarding flippa auctions & Godaddy auctions.

Whether to Opt for Namebio Listing, how do you see it can influence an auction.

Your views on domain auction marketing & promotions are highly welcomed. Thanks

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Listing a domain for sale is just step #1 as it has become more and more important to put time and money into promoting your domain listings. This is why it is so important to focus on getting your hands on a quality domain name that will be worth investing time and money when it comes to selling it.

There was a case study done on the Flippa auction listing options. It turns out when you have a really good name you will get descent bites on a normal auction but there is a huge boost from adding the other promotional options they have which can range from $250 to $350 per listing.

I definitely like the NameBio.com Promotion option it gives you a nice boost and is pretty affordable. In Godaddy they have a nice $20 to take advantage of that gives you a lot more views than just putting it up without paying anything up front.

Starting an auction with no reserve is a great strategy but risky as well so you really have to give it some thought. As far as the days putting it on Sunday nights for 7 days works great as well the 30 day auctions this is of course in Flippa. As for Godaddy I had some nice experiences just putting a make offer option and gathering a lot of potential interested buyers and negotiating the price.

- Will

•••
NamePros Tips

When you auction your domains here, NamePros will promote your auction for free (maximum exposure).

When you auction your domains elsewhere, you may promote them for free in our External Sales section.

•••
I have been trying twitter to gain some exposure to my listings but careful to place my domain within a picture and using relevant hashtags to boost intrest in the domain. I have been trying to think outside the box. Who knows i might place a tear sheet at your local market or telephone pole..joking of course.;)

•••
I've been testing forwarding the domain to the live auction on a few.

•••
Listing a domain for sale is just step #1 as it has become more and more important to put time and money into promoting your domain listings. This is why it is so important to focus on getting your hands on a quality domain name that will be worth investing time and money when it comes to selling it.

There was a case study done on the Flippa auction listing options. It turns out when you have a really good name you will get descent bites on a normal auction but there is a huge boost from adding the other promotional options they have which can range from $250 to $350 per listing.

I definitely like the NameBio.com Promotion option it gives you a nice boost and is pretty affordable. In Godaddy they have a nice $20 to take advantage of that gives you a lot more views than just putting it up without paying anything up front.

Starting an auction with no reserve is a great strategy but risky as well so you really have to give it some thought. As far as the days putting it on Sunday nights for 7 days works great as well the 30 day auctions this is of course in Flippa. As for Godaddy I had some nice experiences just putting a make offer option and gathering a lot of potential interested buyers and negotiating the price.

- Will
Thanks for a very detailed response, it is indeed refreshing & knowledgeable for domain marketers & strategists.

•••
I've been testing forwarding the domain to the live auction on a few.

I always temp forward to auctions, so when emailing potential clients they can immediately locate the page. I don't mask, as that affects the seo, for what that is worth. :)

•••
Hello, I hope this is not a stupid question but is there a section on NamePros where we can promote our current GD and Flippa auctions?

•••
Hello, I hope this is not a stupid question but is there a section on NamePros where we can promote our current GD and Flippa auctions?
Yes.. external sales and advertising.

•••
•••
Personally I list auctions for as long as the venue allows, so for example on Flippa I always do 30 days. You never know, someone might stumble across the auction on day 30 and start a bidding war. The shorter the auction runs the less chance you have of that happening. I've seen domains do well there even on two-week listings, but I just don't see the point of doing that unless you need the money faster.

We also did a study to see what day of the week was best to end your auction on. The results were pretty clear, Wednesday is the way to go. You can read the full report here:

https://namebio.com/blog/the-best-day-for-your-domain-name-auction-to-close-on/

As far as our own featured listings product, we try to be as transparent as possible. We shorten all of the links through Bitly and leave the stats public, so if you add a + sign to the end of the URL you can see the clicks for anyone's listings.

We generally deliver around 5-10 clicks per day, sometimes more if the domain is really interesting. So for a $35 week-long listing you can expect maybe 40 - 60 clicks. I think this is a pretty good value, and we have a lot of repeat customers so they must agree.

You can look through all the stats and get a sense of what our audience is interested in. Here are the stats for Travel.Agency for example, getting about 12 clicks a day:

http://no_url_shorteners/216sGUP+

I also highly recommend Shane's featured listing product on DSAD.com. He has a lot of rabid fans who read his daily picks religiously, including myself, so for $10 it's really a no-brainer. I promote all of my auctions there without a second thought.

Then of course promote them on the forums because it is free, although these sections on the forums generally don't get a lot of attention so I wouldn't rely on that as your sole method of promotion.

Hope this helps.

•••
Personally I list auctions for as long as the venue allows, so for example on Flippa I always do 30 days. You never know, someone might stumble across the auction on day 30 and start a bidding war. The shorter the auction runs the less chance you have of that happening. I've seen domains do well there even on two-week listings, but I just don't see the point of doing that unless you need the money faster.

We also did a study to see what day of the week was best to end your auction on. The results were pretty clear, Wednesday is the way to go. You can read the full report here:

https://namebio.com/blog/the-best-day-for-your-domain-name-auction-to-close-on/

As far as our own featured listings product, we try to be as transparent as possible. We shorten all of the links through Bitly and leave the stats public, so if you add a + sign to the end of the URL you can see the clicks for anyone's listings.

We generally deliver around 5-10 clicks per day, sometimes more if the domain is really interesting. So for a $35 week-long listing you can expect maybe 40 - 60 clicks. I think this is a pretty good value, and we have a lot of repeat customers so they must agree.

You can look through all the stats and get a sense of what our audience is interested in. Here are the stats for Travel.Agency for example, getting about 12 clicks a day:

http://no_url_shorteners/216sGUP+

I also highly recommend Shane's featured listing product on DSAD.com. He has a lot of rabid fans who read his daily picks religiously, including myself, so for $10 it's really a no-brainer. I promote all of my auctions there without a second thought.

Then of course promote them on the forums because it is free, although these sections on the forums generally don't get a lot of attention so I wouldn't rely on that as your sole method of promotion.

Hope this helps.

Hello Micheal,
Namebio is great place, a valuable resource for domain name investors.
I hope you guys will start accepting Credit Card as listing Payment method soon, or let me know if there exists a way to pay to Namebio through Credit Card.

•••
Great tips @Michael, thanks for sharing.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back