Domain Empire

How to punish domain terrrists..

Spaceship
Watch

topdom

Top Member
Impact
People make an offer at Sedo, I accept it, then they don't pay, and it goes to "account receivables", and nothing happens, domain appears as sold, and remains hidden from everyone for months, ... and it is cancelled. and then Sedo says, the buyer will pay this week, do you accept , I say yes, but doesn't. Sedo (also AN) allows "buyers" to show midlefinger to sellers, and get away with it.

Also my name and address which can't be fake, is shown to the buyer just because a "legally binding" deal is made but unlikely to be completed, and also our location is available for public consumption, and his name and address is only shown if he cheats, and it can easily be fake.
I keep domains at Sedo only because of visit stats.
I don't like Dan much either, our location is shown, their stats are useless. But better than Sedo in every sense except stats.

I like Epik in some ways, but they don't have useful stats for visits, and they show "domain value" which is Estibot value.

Time to boycott Sedo (I mean , in parking sense)?, but others are not great either. Unfortunately Sedo's poor visit parking stats is the best at the moment.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Solution is simple: require $10 for each negotiation, refundable unless the bidder cheats. This will eliminate 99,99 percent of harrassment.

•••
First off "domain terrorists"? Really? I think that was a poor choice of words.

Second, that would discourage some serious bidders. Someone who wants it and will pay but doesn't feel like they need it. But I am of the opinion that the buy process should be as frictionless as possible....

That said I use Epik lands and I don't see the estimated value on them (unless my ad blocker is blocking that part of the page for some reason). I'm guessing there's got to be somewhere to toggle that on and off and I just have it off. 🤷‍♂️

And you can add Google Analytics to Epiks landers.

Last edited:
•••
Just use your own landers, put analytics on it. Establish direct contact and import the sale to your venue of choice or close it in private. Problem solved.

Last edited:
•••
The closest thing i have had is political messages put over hacked accounts have had it happen a few times. Load of work to fix takes about 6 months and happens again.

•••
ha ha ha ..you can complain at ICA

•••
Force Sedo to change, they hate change.

Last edited:
•••
Man, you are blaming sedo on every thread you open, but you continue using them?
Why the heck don't you stop using them and stop all your blaming threads?
Why the heck don't you place a BIN on your domains, so nobody will "waste" your time with negotiations or unpaid offers?
Maybe you will be more lucky using dan.com? Maybe there you will find more serious offers and everybody offering $50K for your domain will finally pay for it.
Really, I don't understand your 1000 threads blaming Sedo, and still using them. Are you serious man!?

•••
Solution is simple: require $10 for each negotiation, refundable unless the bidder cheats. This will eliminate 99,99 percent of harrassment.
There are some sites offering this service. Why don't you place your domains there, so people will pay $10 just to negotiate for your domains?
Or even better, you can start your own service and require your buyers to start paying $10 to start negotiating for your super premium domains.

•••
Yes, I encourage everyone to start using services where your potential buyers have to pay to make an offer.

I recently sold a .co because if you visit the .com version, there's a Uni lander that says that it costs $59 + commission to make an inquiry. I have to imagine the buyer of my .co visited the .com first, saw that, and didn't even bother making an inquiry. They just bought my name instead because I was happy to tell them the price, for FREE!

So, yes, I hope everyone else starts charging in order to negotiate, it will get me more sales :)

•••
Ok, make it, free to contact, pay to make a bid. Since it is refundable, it will still be free, and buyers will know this.

•••
Why use Sedo:
It has partner registrars (ok, parking not needed for this).
More transparent than AN/GD (no info about price requesters, no info about cheaters, listed domains don't appear in search results (NP burried that post, and so probably noone will answer , maybe even see it)).
* Has minimal amount of stats, while all others have no useful stats. *

Fixed price: then I won't know if someone wanted to buy..Also domains go to redemption, or get deleted, and then I "sell" domains without knowing it, and owe to the marketplace according to terms, while cheating buyers have no obligation.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back