IT.COM

information If you’re spending more than $1,000 on a domain name – use an escrow service

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

News

Hand-picked NewsTop Member
Impact
Yesterday I was talking to a friend of mine who is another startup founder here in Austin. He is getting ready to buy a domain name, the negotiation is over, and now he’s trying to sort out the safest way to pay for and transfer the domain name. Like most domain transactions, he doesn’t know the seller, so while the negotiations went well, and the seller seems like a nice guy, he wants to be safe given the cost of the domain.
While your instinct might be to use a service like Pay Pal or Venmo, be warned, you’ll take a huge amount of risk as a buyer or seller. The problem with regular payment services is that it’s easy for a seller to simply keep your money and claim to have transferred the domain to your account, when they’re really keeping the domain, and your money...
Read More

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
I use an escrow service for any sales over $100 , not worth the risk , especially for small fee

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back