Dynadot

.info .info value

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Question for the masses...

I have a chance to register a very good 2 word .info. It's a good fit for the extension. All the other extensions are gone.
It has 451,000 Google hits.
1502 Overtures.
92 Uniques.

Worth the trouble?

Thanks for your responses.
ST

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
I would say yes also! A small investment can turn into some big profit!

•••
If it's a good name,I don't see why not.

•••
Thanks. I tend to agree. Just don't see alot on this forum or other sites being advertised and selling.

ST

•••
•••
"Very good" is subjective, of course ... and how can you be sure it's getting "uniques" in the ".INFO" extension? The search results numbers seem OK, and though tough to say specifically ... I would agree that to acquire for Reg. fee may be a good bet, IMHO. Very difficult to pinpoint without the exact domain name, but I realize you can't just post it here. ;)
I've seen some highly generic, single word ".INFO" domains sell in the Wholesale arena (or at least be appraised) in the general $150 - $450+ range, so the extension seems to be evolving nicely, but still be picky with your registrations at this point in time.
My two sense, and Have a great domain Saturday. :)

•••
Thanks CoolHost. Informative as always.

ST

•••
Another thing to ponder...

Is it better to get the .com name with "info" included (ie: just for example purposes...SafeSexInfo.com) as apposed to the .info version (SafeSex.info).

Interesting question, I think.

ST

•••
It ultimately depends on the name, and like CH said, it's subjective. Just from my personal experience, the highest I've sold a .info for is $40.

•••
Originally posted by Coastalguy
Another thing to ponder...

Is it better to get the .com name with "info" included (ie: just for example purposes...SafeSexInfo.com) as apposed to the .info version (SafeSex.info).

Interesting question, I think.

ST

I have supported this general "concept" for a long, long time, Scott. If one is planning on developing, for instance, "SafeSex.info" ... one should also secure "SafeSexInfo.com", IMHO. I would think it would add value to have them in a "package", as well ... for investment purposes.
Great observation, and I'll try to find one of my older posts on the subject.
Thanks.

•••
ive found a town .info dunno if i should get it would it cause problems if i tryed to sell on and do .infos come an a 1 servered bases like .coms

•••
Go for it! Very small risk with possiblility for high returns

•••
•••
Originally posted by ganaz
I say go for it

:tu:

Welcome to Namepros, ganaz. :)

•••
Thanks for the warm welcome.

•••
Welcome ganaz!

Thanks for your post and all the others who have posted on this thread.
CoolHost: The package idea makes alot of sense. Usually tough to find both unregged though.

ST

•••
CoolHost: The package idea makes alot of sense. Usually tough to find both unregged though.

ST

I didn't necessarily mean "unregged" ... as "one should also secure ... ", IMHO. ;)
This would be more so if in the development scenario, however. For investment purposes, it could depend on the Asking prices greatly, and the perceptions as to how much more incremental "value" could be achieved, as I see it.
Food for thought, anyway. :)

•••
•••
munch, munch

ST

Get out the popcorn and Dr. Pepper! :yell:

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back