Domain Empire

sales Inside a Domain Flip: A quick 15x ROI

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

News

Hand-picked NewsTop Member
Impact
Most of the domains that I buy are in the sub-$500 range, and most of the domains I sell are in the $1,000+ range. Domain names have been my top performing asset class for years now and it’s because I’ve always stayed focused on locking in big returns (500% or higher is my bar) and focused less on big dollar values.
This is where extensions like .CO, .ME, .IO and others have been very good to me. They’re cheap to buy and while you’re not going to lock-in a lot of solid five and six-figure sales with them, you can make 10x or more on your investment, which in my book is about as good as it gets. Also, since you’re making sales in the sub $5,000 range most of the time these can be more liquid and flippable.
I sold the domain on August 10th for $1,698 through Afternic, which after $169.80 in escrow fees came out to $1,528 – a 15x return on investment in less than six-months. Smaller flips like these have become the bread-and-butter of my domain investment strategy...
Read More

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Thanks for the tidbit on the Park.io as a go to...And congrats on the 15x ROI...that's gotta be a good feelin!

And I see that .co is good, I have a two word .co and the dot com version is selling last time I chcked for a few thousands....

I think using the laser focused approached is the best method thus far because then you wont spread yourself too thin and you stay mindful of your goals. I have done both and laser focus fares well.

•••
Thank you for the good read.

I have a few .co's - will sell them when the time comes.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back