Domain Empire

Iris Siedlatzek, the Worst Domain Transfer, Shame of Sedo!!

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
The issue has been resolved.
Just get payment via Paypal.

Thanks Keith for your kindly help.

Hope Sedo perform better and better.

Regards,

Julian

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
kev said:
im dealing with that transfer agent just now and she doesnt reply! ive had to pm "sedo" here to get an update on my transaction. the guy probably wont pay as per usual and sedo should do something about this as im sick and tired of non-payment, especially when this particular deal is in the $xx,xxx range :td:

Isn't the solution rather straightforward. Just like any retail transation, the buyer needs to move money to Sedo, before Sedo considers the transaction is "in process". Heck, until I see money, there is no transaction. That's standard business practice. I can't understand Sedo's process at all.

Rich

•••
i know alot of people say sedo is to blame when the buyer doesnt pay. of all the faults sedo has, this is not one of them. it happens at any online auction house.

sedo is a venue for buyers and sellers. and buyers back out. that is not sedos fault and they cant force them to pay. you just cant when you deal online. it is nearly impossible.

even if sedo disclosed to the seller the buyers details- and you personally decided to sue because they broke the contract when bidding- are you really going to spend that money to sue someone for breach of contract each time it happens?

the only way i can see this being avoided would be a whole new set up- where by before a bid the buyer deposits money to cover that bid into an account- so it is there if they win. but that can end up being an accounting nightmare, and as a buy, you end up tying up your money in several auctions until the end.

so, i dont think there is any real way to assure 100% of payment from a buyer. and the more steps taken to secure payment, the more manhours used, and in time, a raise in commissions.

with that being said, that is the ONLY thing i dont hold againt sedo :)

•••
smashfactory said:
i know alot of people say sedo is to blame when the buyer doesnt pay. of all the faults sedo has, this is not one of them. it happens at any online auction house.

sedo is a venue for buyers and sellers. and buyers back out. that is not sedos fault and they cant force them to pay. you just cant when you deal online. it is nearly impossible.

even if sedo disclosed to the seller the buyers details- and you personally decided to sue because they broke the contract when bidding- are you really going to spend that money to sue someone for breach of contract each time it happens?

the only way i can see this being avoided would be a whole new set up- where by before a bid the buyer deposits money to cover that bid into an account- so it is there if they win. but that can end up being an accounting nightmare, and as a buy, you end up tying up your money in several auctions until the end.

so, i dont think there is any real way to assure 100% of payment from a buyer. and the more steps taken to secure payment, the more manhours used, and in time, a raise in commissions.

with that being said, that is the ONLY thing i dont hold againt sedo :)
very well said smashfactory!!! :tu:

but sedo could take some precautions regarding these bidders...
they could act, in these case, like snapnames; have your credit card number and charge you as soon as the auctions ends
i have been in hundreds of snapnames auctions and overdue there is much lower than in sedo; besides, and i dont know if snapnames does it, the account should be, at least, suspended as when you are in an auction it is in the contract you have to pay if you win it

i dont go to an auction (or anywhere else) without money but i think some people go to them without it and if they win, they try to sell a name but they forget the liquidity factor (you can take some days to have the money and pay the auction)

•••
smashfactory said:
the only way i can see this being avoided would be a whole new set up- where by before a bid the buyer deposits money to cover that bid into an account- so it is there if they win.

Yes, that is the way to do it. A buyer needs to have enough money (maybe 50%) to cover the bids he/she is making. Otherwise, it is a joke. At any auction, you are expected to put down enough earnest money to ensure you don't walk away from the purchase. I see no reason why buyers should not deposit money ahead of time, and that when they exceed a certain amount, then they can no longer make any further bids until they transfer more money. Sort of the way margins work in the stock market.

Rich

•••
Given a choice, most sellers would prefer to push the domain into sedo's a/c - and in accordance with the strict definition of escrow - means the funds should be immediately payable to seller once the domain is in sedo's control...regardless of what happens later between sedo and buyer

This way there can be no funny business with buyer saying they never received it or taking their sweet time over acknowledging receipt etc..

Sedo said:
Hi Aggro,

You can certainly let your agent know if you have a preference. There is not a set course in that regard, but you may find pushing the domain to Sedo's account will become more common to avoid similar issues.

@ Yofie & hostingsearch: PMs sent.

Take care!

Always,
Keith

•••
bricio said:
but sedo could take some precautions regarding these bidders...
they could act, in these case, like snapnames; have your credit card number and charge you as soon as the auctions ends i

Yes, this is protection for the seller. Either cash or credit card. If buyers don't have the funds, they have no business bidding. The seller has an interest here also.

From what I have read, SnapNames/Moniker seem to have a much better business process model than Sedo.

Rich

•••
if a buyer can afford to pay $xx,xxx for a domain, im sure they would be able to put down a deposit for bidding :)

sedo needs a major shake up

•••
Hi richrf,

Sedo has an office in Cambridge, MA (across the river from Boston). The number will be posted publicly on the site in the very near future, and is currently available in the User Agreement. Feel free to call our office there anytime you have a problem that cannot be addressed by our FAQs or via email.

Domainers from all over the world use Sedo's marketplace, which is one of the major reasons it's so popular. We have over 9 million domains listed for sale by these international members. Also, escrow services are included, so it's often easier for many people.

Take care!

Always,
Keith

richrf said:
Given all the problems with Sedo, is there a reason domainers use Sedo rather than SnapNames/Moniker? I have been looking into both of them and I feel more comfortable with Moniker, if for no other reason, they actually have a telephone number on their site and are in the U.S. Is Sedo more for European domainers? Am I missing something?

Thanks,
Rich

•••
the reason sedo is so popular is because of lack of choice for domainers. afternic isnt much better.
give it time- someone will come along, and do it right- and then........

•••
funny but today I got an e-mail right from Iris asking me to start a transfer over a domain I just sold.

It asks me to push it to Sedo`s account so it seems things have improved.

•••
I just got the payment via Paypal.

Thanks for Keith and all of your guys!

To Italiandragon,
NIce to know that you are asked to push your domain to Sedo's account :)
Good Luck!

•••
NameLinker said:
I just got the payment via Paypal.

Thanks for Keith and all of your guys!

To Italiandragon,
NIce to know that you are asked to push your domain to Sedo's account :)
Good Luck!

yeah....in the mean time I got another email from another Sedo rep asking me to send the auth code to them which they`ll pass to the buyer for another sale that I was waiting payment :alien:

•••
I got my payment today for Garantia.com as well. I finished the push yesterday, so the payment arrived as I asked, with in 24 hours. :kickass:

•••
Interesting... in the past couple of weeks there didn't seem to be any movement on a couple domains I bought several days apart and one I issued a week ago... then today 2 reps at different times finally sent the emails regarding the 3 transactions.

Maybe they were all in customer service training boot camp...

•••
I bought Acuh.com 1 week ago on Sedo and today go into my account to see if the transaction is finally starting to move ahead.. To my surprise, they cancelled the transaction and claim to be refunding my money (with no reason as to why).

I don't want a god$%^& refund... I want the LLLL.com I won fair and square. Fed up with their BS... Won't be buying anything else through them once my current offers expire.

•••
Hi Reece,

I took a look at the transaction records, and it looks like the seller had listed the domain fraudulently and is not the actual owner.

Your refund should be on the way, and this seller's account has been closed by your transfer agent.

Take care!

Always,
Keith

•••
Sedo said:
it looks like the seller had listed the domain fraudulently and is not the actual owner.
This simply should not happen! A new system is needed, to erase this problem. I know you have 3 million domains on your system, but to have some credibility, these kind of things can't happen.

•••
Yofie said:
This simply should not happen! A new system is needed, to erase this problem. I know you have 3 million domains on your system, but to have some credibility, these kind of things can't happen.

9 million

•••
Yofie said:
Sedo said:
it looks like the seller had listed the domain fraudulently and is not the actual owner.

Hi Jamie,

I JUST responded to your PM. :) I posted a bit about fraud on a different thread, which you can see here: http://www.namepros.com/showthread.php?p=2498724#post2498724

Unfortunately, fraud prevention is a fine line, where we can't say too much about what we're doing, as people would find ways around it. However, the safety of the marketplace is very important to me as well as all of my colleagues at Sedo.

If you see anything that you think is fraud, send a message to [email protected]. Or, if you have any ideas that you think may help all domain owners, feel free to send that as well.

Hopefully that helps a little.

And yes, 9 million. ;)

Take care!

Always,
Keith

•••
italiandragon said:
9 million
Prove it!!! :sold:

I had a bunch listed in my account as well, that have been "sold" else where, (that I just cleaned up) but I'm sure there are ten's of thousands of domains that are not in the original owners hands, that had them listed at one point on sedo and sold at another venue and the owner just "forgot" to remove the domain from there sedo account.

This is one problem that can be cleared up, if they do a whois scan of currently listed domains per user. It would get closer to 3 million. ;)

Current domains parked with sedo.... 1,681,717 If it is 9 million, then 2 out of 9 domains that are listed, are not parked with sedo that are being sold there? I figure it would be a little closer to 50/50.

Last edited:
•••
9 million isnt all active altho most of it i am sure is. sedo doesnt delete names from the account, and many owners do not either. i know that i still have old names listed in my account that are sold, expired- and still listed for sale on sedo. when you have portfolios listed in different places, and so many names, it is hard to keep up with an updated account.
but those names are not valid names, and still show for sale.

•••
Iris Siedlatzek

Is the worst person to deal with.

Current transaction has taken over 4 weeks, buyer paid within 3 days.

I dont see how Sedo can employ someone so bad.

It takes about a week for a response its very poor.

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back