Domain Empire

Iris Siedlatzek, the Worst Domain Transfer, Shame of Sedo!!

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
The issue has been resolved.
Just get payment via Paypal.

Thanks Keith for your kindly help.

Hope Sedo perform better and better.

Regards,

Julian

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Wow, that takes the cake. I'm really sorry to hear that. Make sure they pay you for this sale, as it was their mistake. Sedo: wakeup call!

Last edited:
•••
i am really sorry for that NameLinker
this is sedo :td:

theres a sedo's rep here and you can send a PM to Keith here explaining what happened

good luck

Last edited:
•••
sorry to hear that.

there is worse though, you will hear groans from around the forum on this guy:

erich mueller :'(

broker from hell :sold:

•••
Thanks for all of your guys! I would refuse to accept Iris as my transfer Rep in any future business :(

To bricio:
Thanks for your great help! I just PMed Keith for the case. Hope to hear some news soon.

•••
They are all very bad. I've worked with many of them but Iris certainly deserves a spot in the podium! :)

I say this as often as I get a chance to: SEDO SUCKS, SUCKS, SUCKS and then SUCKS again and I encourage everyone to STOP using SEDO for domain parking, at least.

We made SEDO what it is. It's time WE take SEDO down from where it is.

Bye bye SEDO!

•••
Hi NameLinker,

PM sent back to you. I'm looking into this!

Always,
Keith

•••
NameLinker said:
To bricio:
Thanks for your great help! I just PMed Keith for the case. Hope to hear some news soon.
you are welcome!!!
i really hope you have this solved :)

•••
Thanks Bricio and Keith.

Hope could get some updates from Keith in a short time. What happened and who should take responsibility in this case are VERY clearly and no need for a 2 days investigation in my eyes

•••
with sedo, i thought you pushed to THEIR sedo account- not the buyer? did you say they were asking you to push to the buyer account?

that is not escrow-

•••
Hi NameLinker,

The issue has been resolved. Please check the PM from me.

Always,
Keith

•••
Thanks Keith for your kindly help!
Waiting for the payment. I will update the status here asap when I get it.

To smashfactory,
Yes, Iris asked me to Push the domain to buyer's account in stead of Sedo's

•••
Jesus Christ......now I know for sure that I`ll never push a domain name to any one else account but just Sedo`s one.

Keith, I`m really really surprised by how bad things are going for Sedo, I can understand the server problems and other technical issues (but not accept , considering all the money Sedo makes) , but in this case.....I am speechless.

•••
I was just thinking of starting a "official sedo problems thread" lol

Keith, can you crack the whip on the Garantia.com buyer to pay for the auction!!!!! I have had 4 sales on sedo with only two ever getting paid for!! :'( One domain was tied up for over a Month... This will not happen to this domain. After 10 days..... it's off the market.

•••
Yofie said:
I was just thinking of starting a "official sedo problems thread" lol

Keith, can you crack the whip on the Garantia.com buyer to pay for the auction!!!!! I have had 4 sales on sedo with only two ever getting paid for!! :'( One domain was tied up for over a Month... This will not happen to this domain. After 10 days..... it's off the market.

Eh Jamie, you were not the only one: last August for a $330 payment I had to wait 5 weeks.

•••
I only sell my domains via sedo and park most domains there. But I have to say,

Don't sell .ca on sedo if you are not a .ca expert.

Sedo charge a minimum of $100 for .ca selling, but all they did was telling me "Could you please confirm that you have received the transfer request? If you have received it, please follow the instructions to accept the request."

They don't even check what the request is.

All the buyer should and need to do is to send a request to transfer the domain from my .ca registrant account to his .ca registrant account.

But the buyer first sent a request to change the domain registrar, I approved so that the buyer can manage the domain in his registrar's domain control panel and actually use the domain.

The buyer then sent a request to change MY .ca registrant account's information, replacing all my contact information with his. I declined.

If I "follow the instructions to accept the request.", I would have lost control over ALL my .ca domains. Had I allowed the buyer to replace my email address with his, he would be able to do whatever he wants with ALL my .ca domains in MY registrant account. Why not he get his own registrant account?

I explained to [email protected] why I declined the second request and stopped the stealing attempt.

It's been more than a month since then and I've never heard from sedo ever again.

10/10/07 Agreement reached
12/05/07 Please let us know whether you have received the transfer request from the buyer.
01/21/08 ..................................

•••
ok Jamie....maybe you should start THAT thread :'(

•••
I've had my share of Sedo related issues for sure (as Keith knows). To be honest though, Iris has done a fine job for me in the past, and seems to be doing well for me in a current sale. She has always been super quick to reply, and follows up when she says she will.

That's just me. Sorry to hear it hasn't been the case for others.

•••
arnie said:
sorry to hear that.

there is worse though, you will hear groans from around the forum on this guy:

erich mueller :'(

broker from hell :sold:

i cringe whenever i hear that name.. :yell:

•••
i have pushed my names to a SEDO account- this is the kinds of issues you can run into when you go straight to a buyers account- it says on the site that:
"Once Sedo can confirm that the buyer is the owner of the domain name, we remit the funds to the domain seller."
this is why they need to take the domain. if the buyer paid, and sedo has the money, it should THEN be paid to the seller. it is up to sedo to then finish the transaction with the buyer.
you as a seller did your part- and you should be paid promptly. sedo does NOTHING promptly.
and this is why i pray bido.com comes in and sweeps us off our feet. sedo is in business ONLY because there is just afternic to go to. not a great choice we have.
sedo has rested on its laurels and has thought all this time, who is gonna unseat us as king of the online domain auctions?
its time is coming- and tim can sit there and watch sedo fall from glory when the new guy comes to town.
700 of my names sit with sedo- not that me leaving will make a dent, but when bido comes on, i am outa sedos hair, and so is my portfolio. i am tired of being played.

•••
What is sedo's policy on escrow - push domain to sedo's a/c or push directly to buyer ?

Does seller have a choice ?

•••
Aggro said:
What is sedo's policy on escrow - push domain to sedo's a/c or push directly to buyer ?

Does seller have a choice ?

Hi Aggro,

You can certainly let your agent know if you have a preference. There is not a set course in that regard, but you may find pushing the domain to Sedo's account will become more common to avoid similar issues.

@ Yofie & hostingsearch: PMs sent.

Take care!

Always,
Keith

•••
now that i look back in my transactions, i can see one of mine said sedo created an account in enom for the buyer, and i pushed the name to that. i didnt even realize that till now. other times i have pushed it to a sedo account- or so it seems- one was sedode as the user name.
you are not asked, you are just told what account- so sometimes to sedo, somettimes to a buyers acct- inconsistant.

•••
Given all the problems with Sedo, is there a reason domainers use Sedo rather than SnapNames/Moniker? I have been looking into both of them and I feel more comfortable with Moniker, if for no other reason, they actually have a telephone number on their site and are in the U.S. Is Sedo more for European domainers? Am I missing something?

Thanks,
Rich

•••
im dealing with that transfer agent just now and she doesnt reply! ive had to pm "sedo" here to get an update on my transaction. the guy probably wont pay as per usual and sedo should do something about this as im sick and tired of non-payment, especially when this particular deal is in the $xx,xxx range :td:

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back