Domain Empire

Is Escrow.com a lot cheaper than Flippa escrow?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
First of all, I've used both services in the past, and I was happy with both.

I was just looking to buy a site for $25000 and flippa escrow wants 12% (which is $3,000) while escrow.com fee calculator says that these are the two possible fees:

a) $214.50 Standard Fee
b) $429.00 Concierge Fee

Even the more expensive of the two is a lot cheaper than flippa escrow. What am I doing wrong?

I thought that in the past the two services had similar fees, but is escrow.com dirt-cheap compared to flippa escrow?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
Payoneer seem equally inexpensive as escrow.com at $275.00, but still escrow seem to be even cheaper than that at $214.50, unless I'm mistaken.

•••
Just came here to send you to Payoneer, but Jurgen beat me on this.

•••
But why is everyone so hot about Payoneer's escrow, is it that good? I don't remember having any issues with escrow.com, but my biggest deal was around $5k.

•••
But why is everyone so hot about Payoneer's escrow, is it that good? I don't remember having any issues with escrow.com, but my biggest deal was around $5k.

For your $5000 transaction the escrow fee at Payoneer is $75, escrow.com charges $162.50

•••
I also used escrow.com in the past, but don't want to use it anymore, 0 reasons.

Last edited:
•••
I have used payoneer escrow. I'd recommend it mostly for the competitive pricing.

Coming to your question, are you saying you want to buy a website listed for sale at flippa and using flippa escrow? The 12% fee is NOT the flippa escrow fees.

"All listings that are successfully sold will result in a 15% success fee (We will discount it to 12% if you use Flippa Escrow)."

I believe you are checking from this link https://flippa.com/pricing

That 12% is the success fee payable by the seller in case of a successful sale, not buyer. In fact, flippa escrow is free! But that doesn't rule out some 2.9% maybe chargeable if you fund by credit card. Again that's about the same for all.

•••
I like Escrow.com, and I especially like the idea of their "concierge service." However, I think Escrow.com misses the boat on lower priced domain sales. A huge amount of domain sales are in the $250 - $500 price range. While inexperienced buyers and sellers like the "concierge service" idea because it's risk-free, the $100 minimum fee charged by Escrow.com is too much to pay for a domain selling for only $250 - $500. If Escrow.com lowered their minimum fee for this service on lower priced domains they would get 10 - 20x more business! Please Escrow.com... lower your concierge fee minimum so sellers and buyers of lower priced domains can use your service!

Same with Escrow.com's "Domain Holding Service" for LEASED domains --- it's too expensive for lower priced domains! Escrow.com wants $25/month or $40/month minimum for their "domain holding service." If a domain is leased (or leased to own) for a 5 year period (60 months) at $100/month ($6,000 sale price) $25/month and $40/month is TOO MUCH. Please Escrow.com... lower your Domain Holding Service $25/month and $40/month fees for lower priced domains! If your fees were lower you could generate a lot more business... and you would encourage domain leasing (and lease to own), which should become a much bigger and more popular business.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back