Dynadot

Is it possible to set an alternative nameserver with PHP?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
I'm looking for a way to set an alternative nameserver with PHP, but I can't seem to figure it out (I honestly don't think it's possible, but I'm hoping I'm wrong).

Basically here's what I'm trying to accomplish:

Site1.com is the domain.

Site1.com's nameservers are ns1.host.com and ns2.host.com

When Site1.com resolves to those nameservers, it's presented with my hosted website through those nameservers.

Say, I wanted to make Site1.com display content as if it's nameservers were ns1.parked.com and ns2.parked.com (where there exists an account for Site1.com)

Basically, I'm looking for a way to make Site1.com display content as if it were pointed to different nameservers.

Any and all help would be appreciated.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Doesn't the parking website have a Javascript include that allows you to put the code on your webpage while keeping your present nameservers? Sedo has something like this for registrars and hosters.

Regards...jmcc

•••
"Shouldn't you be reading the thread and not my signature? Tsk. Tsk"

Ha, Ha. You got me.

About the nameservers: my question is: why would you want to do it that way? It seems to be more trouble than what it's worth. I don't think you can do it with PHP but maybe with Apache Mod ReWrite or DNS.

Like JMCC pointed out, you could do includes in Javascript and just make sure the output at the other nameservers is defined by PHP as Javascript output.

or

You could also use CURL in PHP to grab the content from the other nameservers by IP.

or

could go 90's and use frames. :D

•••
Thanks for the responses guys. Basically what I'm trying to achieve is what above.com does, for a new site concept I'm making. I don't really need my clients to be able to have their pages parked when not using the service, but I think it'd be a plus.

I see above.com throws things into an iframe depending on what subdomain (ww1, ww2, etc) the main site redirected to. Is there a way to generate that code without having to go into Sedo and finding it. I'd like the users to be able to do as little work as possible, basically sign up, add domains, and be on their way lol.

Thanks.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back