Dynadot

discuss Is this .xyz c worth something?

Spaceship
Watch

AGermanGuy

Established Member
Impact
Hey guys! I am very new to domaining and would like to ask if the chinese premium 666s.xyz I aquired today is worth something. I am asking because this is a .xyz domain and not a .com domain. And I heard .xyz is growing in china currently so I decided to buy it regardless.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
shit, accidently posted when I wanted to edit title. sry guys, cant change title :(

•••
Don't fall for the hype. Do research. Don't hurry to buy. It's easy to spend money, but making sales is hard.

BTW why do you think this name is premium ? Are you Chinese, or from China ? If not, have you sought input qualified advice from Chinese ? Would you use this name for a real business ?

•••
Don't fall for the hype. Do research. Don't hurry to buy. It's easy to spend money, but making sales is hard.

BTW why do you think this name is premium ? Are you Chinese, or from China ? If not, have you sought input qualified advice from Chinese ? Would you use this name for a real business ?
Because it has the chinese lucky number 666 in it, has no aeiouv04 in it and is short with 4c.

•••
I've three (no aeiouv) letter+666 .ORGs with zero interest on them... but who knows.. :)

Are you a German?

•••
I've three (no aeiouv) letter+666 .ORGs with zero interest on them... but who knows.. :)

Are you a German?
yeah i am.

but i think .xyz is much much more sought after, especially in china, than .org.

•••
If you just follow the Chinese market hype, you would lose a lot. Be careful while taking such decision.

People are selling .xyz for good amount.. checkout Namebio.com for recent .xyz sales.

•••
yeah i am.

but i think .xyz is much much more sought after, especially in china, than .org.
Because you're German and you'll know it you might also want to look at the .ch extension that many Chinese are starting to buy-its very established and still some great names-we own many of the very best pinyin names in the .ch Good Luck.

•••
Because you're German and you'll know it you might also want to look at the .ch extension that many Chinese are starting to buy-its very established and still some great names-we own many of the very best pinyin names in the .ch Good Luck.
Oh really? You sure about that? First time I read about .ch :D

On uniteddomains.com a .ch domain is 99€/year, not sure if I can afford that.

What does .ch means if .cn is already the country specific ending for china?

But most importantly, how do you find out good pinyin names?

•••
Oh really? You sure about that? First time I read about .ch :D

On uniteddomains.com a .ch domain is 99€/year, not sure if I can afford that.

What does .ch means if .cn is already the country specific ending for china?

But most importantly, how do you find out good pinyin names?
You should probably open a GoDaddy acct for .ch names- $10 usd or less - being German im surprised you dont know .ch (Swiss and very established) but to find out about good pinyin names meanings etc follow @KasseyLee here on NP and read his newsletter. Good luck.

•••
What does this triple six means?

•••
What does this triple six means?
from wikipedia: In China the number is considered to be lucky and is often displayed in shop windows and neon signs. In China, 666 can mean "everything goes smoothly".

•••
You should probably open a GoDaddy acct for .ch names- $10 usd or less - being German im surprised you dont know .ch (Swiss and very established) but to find out about good pinyin names meanings etc follow @KasseyLee here on NP and read his newsletter. Good luck.
Im about to open a Godaddy already for the cheap .com prices. At UnitedDomains.com 1 .com was 19€/year.

But from what my google search did tell me, .ch doesnt seem to be really interesting for chinese people.

•••
from wikipedia: In China the number is considered to be lucky and is often displayed in shop windows and neon signs. In China, 666 can mean "everything goes smoothly".

Thanks, I really never heard that the Chinese are interested in this number. My only speculation was that it could be the 'bad meaning' from triple six.

•••
I would be very surprised if you sell this. At least for more than low XX dollar.

Personally, I would not renew it. But I hope I'm wrong and best of luck.

•••
I would be very surprised if you sell this. At least for more than low XX dollar.

Personally, I would not renew it. But I hope I'm wrong and best of luck.
awww, dont destroy my hope :(

•••
You should be able to sell it I've gathered lots of xyz just hold onto it for a few years

I got 8n8.xyz
That's my favourite one

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back