Dynadot

Issue backordering with Sav. No updates whatsoever?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

webcamper

Impact
Hi everyone. I am new at this and have been scooping up a few domains I think I could flip for profit. I've had some success using Dynadot's backordering service, but it's a different story with Sav.

I submitted the domains I wanted on Sav several days ago, all of which were going to drop on October 19th or 18th.

So today I go to check the results on the backorders page, and it looks exactly like it did when I submitted the backorder requests. The domains are all still listed as active requests, even ones I know dropped and were registered up by someone else. The page doesn't say Success or Failed next to each domain, I didn't receive an email informing me of the backorder results, nothing.

I must be missing something because coming from Dynadot this seems like a completely inferior service, but I see it recommended on this forum.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Tried sending an email to their support to check the status? In case multiple people backorder the same domain, I believe it will go for bidding.
Send an email to their support immediately to get a clear idea. They normally respond fastly.

•••
There is no issue. That is how Sav operates.

For the domains that were regged by someone else, you'll notice the expiry date has been updated on your backorder page.

But Sav will not tell you they failed to catch it. They'll just try the next time it expires.

That means you'll need to manually delete all failed backorders.

•••
I see. Do they notify you if they do catch a domain successfully?

Seems silly to me that they don't notify you and assume you want to catch the domain when it's available again. Meaning in a year at a minimum.

•••
You'll get charged for the domain name if they catch it. So you'll get a receipt in your email.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back