Domain Empire

It erks me that Estibot value doesn't change

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

The Durfer

Wesley SweatmanTop Member
Impact
Hey guys, Have you noticed that when you were looking to get a domain estibot value was a said price, after you've had the domain 6 months with good traffic and aged, its the same value? wtf. help!
lol

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
how can we determine our domains new value from our work, our sites, our traffic, our aging? ahhhh

•••
Estibot isn't reliable, it's all over the place. Fun to look at but never base a sale, or purchase on their price.

•••
it actually does..i have a geodomain that was worth 500 estibt $ afte parking it for a month plus and sending some outbound mails..it rose to 1400 now..these is the 3rd month now ..though my other domain estibot didnt change

•••
well that's good to know, maybe it was just my domain. thank you.

•••
estibote isnt everything it is correct when the domain name is 100%in english

•••
The 'value' do change...the 'value' of one of my domain rose from $40 to $1000 in a month

•••
The 'value' do change...the 'value' of one of my domain rose from $40 to $1000 in a month

really....cuz the bot said so?

imo....

•••
•••
I think that's why he wrote it as 'value'...because he knows it's ridiculous.
Not outrightly ridiculous. Just that I don't 100% believe it.

•••
Rule #1 of Domaining: Never use Estibot

•••
simple - don't use estibot

•••
Use estibot for estimated measures in different key areas, not just "oh damn this domain is $12,000". It's a useful tool if you know how to use it.

•••
Estibot is a very useful domain marketing ploy... er, tool, that is! With it's claim of millions of domain appraisals daily, it looks serious and impressive to all those who don't know better, that's to say 99% of the general public (read: end users!) :sneaky:

•••
Some good domain names have zero estibot value
so i would advise you not to completely rely on that

•••
don't get stressed it is just a number

•••
What other site is reliable now that estibot doesn't change values anymore?

•••
In my opinion, Estibot is completely worthless as an accurate appraisal tool, measure of a domains true value and should not be relied upon as such!

•••
Depends on the name. Some names change value monthly.

Estibot value lies in the data comparison. Dont get to fixated on the estimated value. Its a great tool, that all pros use and most noobs cant comprehend.

•••
Rule #1 of Domaining: Never use Estibot

Except when you selling to an end user and the estibot price is insanely high. :) I mean sometimes it's not a bad idea to just mention to the end user something like this- "Whilst Estibot is not entirely accurate, it worth mentioning that this domain has an Estibot value of $xx xxx)"

Just purely from the psychology of the sale, even though the figure is not accurate...just mentioning the amount does sub-consciously bring a figure into play... so when you tell them your price they automatically use the Estibot amount as a comparison... this is why we see on infomercials... stuff like "This amazing Vaccum cleaner is easily worth more than $5000 but you can get it for ...NOT $4000.... NOT $3000.. Not even $1000.... BUT for only $299" ....lol

•••
I don't think it's a good idea to quote potential buyers automated appraisals, because they are meaningless and the end user could also use the same tool against you to bring down the price (if you are asking for more than 'computed' value), so it's a double-edged sword.

Why allow an unintelligent third party to determine the base value of your asset ?

If you try the trick on me, then I will assume you are a joker and you lack confidence in the value of your own domains, or the ability to appraise them realistically.

•••
I get really pissed off when a domainer tries to send me an estibot price. Like dude seriously.

•••
Some of my domain estibot value changed only in 3 months.
Pantera.club now-$8.900 was-about $3.900
SkyBlog.xyz now-4.900 was-about $2.900

SkyBlog.xyz - $ 4.900 is it a joke? :D

•••
I don't think it's a good idea to quote potential buyers automated appraisals, because they are meaningless and the end user could also use the same tool against you to bring down the price (if you are asking for more than 'computed' value), so it's a double-edged sword.

Why allow an unintelligent third party to determine the base value of your asset ?

If you try the trick on me, then I will assume you are a joker and you lack confidence in the value of your own domains, or the ability to appraise them realistically.

It's not something that can be used on just about anyone, it's a psychological selling technique that works in specific scenarios if applied properly... I did say specifically that it can be used for end user negotiations when Estibot throws out a really high value... I never said you should use that as a guideline on price. You should already know what price you want for the domain before even checking out Estibot...but my point was basically if I want lets say $1000 for the domain then after that I notice that Estibot says it's valued at $25 000 then do I change my price? nope... not at all... I stick to my price bcos thats what I feel the domain is worth BUT I will mention to the buyer (end user not domainer) "Whilst Estibot is not entirely accurate, its worth mentioning that this domain has an Estibot value of $xx xxx)" .... Notice I'm upfront about it not being accurate to the buyer but just tell them I just felt it's worth mentioning.... again, it's a psychological sales technique.. doesn't work on everyone but does work on many as well. I have used that closing technique in many different scenarios outside of domaining during my years in corporate B2B sales and even in my younger days in B2C sales. Its worked a few times for me on domain sales as well.... Once in particular when I sold a domain for high $xxx and the buyer wanted to pay double reg fee (it was a .co.za domain) he thought I was insane to ask for $xxx and accused me of being a squatter.... this was mainly due to his ignorance and simply not knowing the value of domains.... after showing him some sales data for .co.za domains AND also showing him that the domain he wanted was actually worth $xxxx according to estibot - I did tell him that it's not accurate but simply planting that figure in his head gave him something to compare my price with...he happily concluded a deal.

Last edited:
•••
estibot isn't reliable at all. it doesn't cater to the ever changing traffic in a given industry

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back