IT.COM

Joining Social Media

NameSilo
Watch
Impact
How to setup my business/domain in SocialMedia. This is what I've done so far...

Facebook
1) As I understand it you cannot join as a company/domain but have to signup as an individual and create a business page. Is that correct?
2) I've created a business page under my personal facebook page. Is that correct or should I create a new identity?
3) My business/domain name is already taken. So I cannot change this to facebook.com/domain.

Twitter
1) Apparently Twitter allows you to signup not as an individual.
2) My business /domain name was taken in twitter also. I found that DomainCom (Domain being my domain name and Com being the TLD), and I took that name.

My first question is: How am I doing so far? Are there any suggested change of course?
Next should I change my Facebook Page to DomainCom and should I change to Facebook.com/DomainCom?

I also intend to join Google+ and LinkdIn. Are there any tips for these two Media.

My intended use of these Social Media is for Press Releases, Announcements, and Support. Should I limit support to just 1 media? If so. To which one. Should I add or reduce the number of Social Media I communicate thru?

Any other tips are always welcome and appreciated. From a Social Media beginner, if not exactly a virgin any longer :( I'm dealing in technologies here which are beyond my experience.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
It is so easy to have a account in these social media site. see dear, you will get step by step process of how to have a Facebook or whatever the social network site in the google. just have a look at those site

•••
Please show me some examples.

•••
Facebook -correct the way you've done it.You're not supposed to have multiple accounts, they'll close if they catch you doing that.

I would provide support wherever people contact you.

•••
Facebook, Twitter and Google+ are main social media sites. It would be generally good if in all platforms same identity (usernames) be used.

•••
You should hire any SMO professional who can do all these things for you.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back