NameSilo

advice Large corporate domains

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Djoffrion

Impact
I aquired several .AI domains from the following corporations and more. This is a sample. I will post the .com but I own the .ai

Mastec.com
Agco.com
Varomoney.com
Oceaneering.com
Rocketlabusa.com
Bombardier.com

And several more.

Considering .com is nearly 40 years old, and data collection is beyond limited. The new .ai domain will revolutionize data collection methods for marketing, and sales.

How would I inform these companies of the purchase, and the importance for there future operations in an ever evolving world of smarter and smarter tech?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Hi! Are you aware of a possible TM of these domains?

•••
Hi, and welcome to Namepros.

You made a newbie mistake, registering a bunch of domains/extensions of trademarked company names. They are 'hot potatoes' and can bring you legal trouble. Best thing to do is contact your registrar and ask them to delete all those trademark domains.

Don't worry - registering trademarked names is a mistake almost all domainers (including me) made in our early domaining days. Rule to live by: if it is the name of a large company, consider it trademarked and do not register it in any extension. And, whether you choose to keep or delete the domains, DO NOT CONTACT THE COMPANY WITH THAT NAME AND DO NOT OFFER TO SELL YOUR DOMAINS/EXTENSIONS TO THEM!!! I all-capped that statement. The biggest troublemaker with trademarked names is the phrase 'intent to profit on the trademark'. So when you registered those domains, you did so with the specific intent to profit on those trademarks.

Those large companies have IT departments, and legal departments. They are aware of the new extensions coming out. And if they wanted their company names in any other extensions, they would be registering them (or they would be filing UDRP with their lawyers, to take the domains from their owners).

There's a term for what you are doing, and it's called 'cybersquatting'. Try to not do that :)

See if you can get those domains deleted, then you can spend more time reading the information on this site, and make better domain decisions.

Again, welcome to the forum, and good luck!

•••
I aquired several .AI domains from the following corporations and more.
How would I inform these companies of the purchase, and the importance for there future operations in an ever evolving world of smarter and smarter tech?
1) If you bought the domains from those companies, then why would they want to buy them back?
2) Have you heard of this thing called Trademarks?

Last edited:
•••
Hi, and welcome to Namepros.

You made a newbie mistake, registering a bunch of domains/extensions of trademarked company names. They are 'hot potatoes' and can bring you legal trouble. Best thing to do is contact your registrar and ask them to delete all those trademark domains.

Don't worry - registering trademarked names is a mistake almost all domainers (including me) made in our early domaining days. Rule to live by: if it is the name of a large company, consider it trademarked and do not register it in any extension. And, whether you choose to keep or delete the domains, DO NOT CONTACT THE COMPANY WITH THAT NAME AND DO NOT OFFER TO SELL YOUR DOMAINS/EXTENSIONS TO THEM!!! I all-capped that statement. The biggest troublemaker with trademarked names is the phrase 'intent to profit on the trademark'. So when you registered those domains, you did so with the specific intent to profit on those trademarks.

Those large companies have IT departments, and legal departments. They are aware of the new extensions coming out. And if they wanted their company names in any other extensions, they would be registering them (or they would be filing UDRP with their lawyers, to take the domains from their owners).

There's a term for what you are doing, and it's called 'cybersquatting'. Try to not do that :)

See if you can get those domains deleted, then you can spend more time reading the information on this site, and make better domain decisions.

Again, welcome to the forum, and good luck!
Ok. I was asking because godaddy told me to contact them. They told me even trademarked domains have to be purchased at fair market price. I can't use them, but since I do own it legally, it would have purchased. So I wanted to ask.

•••
1) If you bought the domains from those companies, then why would they want to buy them back?
2) Have you heard of this thing called Trademarks?
I didn't buy them off the company, they were just for sale on godaddy.

•••
I didn't buy them off the company, they were just for sale on godaddy.
Then why did you write "I aquired several .AI domains from the following corporations and more."?

•••
Then why did you write "I aquired several .AI domains from the following corporations and more."?
I don't know, that's just how I phrased it. I'm here because I'm not a domain person.

•••
I don't know, that's just how I phrased it. I'm here because I'm not a domain person.
Obviously you don't know what you're doing. A friendly piece of advice: Stop buying domain names, and start reading and studying for at least a few months before you buy more.

•••
Obviously you don't know what you're doing. A friendly piece of advice: Stop buying domain names, and start reading and studying for at least a few months before you buy more.
Ok. No your right I don't have a clue. I've been trying to figure it out, it didn't make since to me.

•••
Squatter.ai is available for handreg at the time of posting :xf.wink: jokes aside, this is a very bad idea and wrong angle of domaining. Try to read up a bit on the forum why this is a dead end and check reported domain sales why those domains got sold and and to whom.

•••
Ok. No your right I don't have a clue. I've been trying to figure it out, it didn't make since to me.
You're actually clearly cybersquatting on those companies' trademarks or trade names, which is illegal in the USA and in many other jurisdictions.

Best case scenario is that you go into your domain registrar and DELETE those domain names from your account. You won't get a refund for the money you spent, but consider it an expensive lesson.

Worst case scenario is that one or more of those companies sue you for damages. This has happened before, the company "Black Rock" sued many domain name owners in court to get a list of domains, many were typos of their company name. They could also file UDRPs on those domains and you'd lose them, then your name would be a part of public record of being a domain squatter who lost UDRPs.

Ignorance of a law isn't an excuse... "but officer, I didn't know it was illegal". The officer really doesn't care.

My advice is to log into your domain registrar account and delete all of those domains in your account and hope that you've done it before the companies have figured it out.

•••
You invited big elephants to your tent, buddy. Rather register handreg such as,

synthetichuman.ai (applicable for any AI product and start up)

digitalsecurity.ai ( a very hot one, so important in crypto space and all over)
abt.ai (an abt group in automotive, while abt is a great fit for any AI start up) e.g Artificial Business Technology, just for an example
origination.ai (a great for start up)
outsmarted.ai (a great name for AI product)

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back