IT.COM

Major Problem! Need help immediately!

Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Alright here is the problem. My friend owns a domain name that has e-mail forwarding. Basically, anything sent to [email protected] will go to [email protected]. So, here is the problem: It seems that people have "hijacked" his domain name and are sending a HUGE amount of spam using his domain name! They create a name, doesn't matter what it is [email protected] and is sent to dozens of people a day. And because of invalid e-mails or other reasons, they are either getting bounced back are are sending e-mails saying: you are sending spam! But, the thing is, these e-mail aren't comming to the spammer, but to my friend! He is getting 20-30 e-mails a day, and since this just started a week ago, this number is sure to grow to 100s of e-mails a day.

My friend uses this e-mail address forwarding for everything, and does not want to disable it. But, because of these circumstances, it doesn't seem that he has much of a choice.

These stupid spammers! Don't they know it's illegal???

If anyone can help me out and tell me what to do in this situation, I'll be forever grateful.

Thanks a LOT,
Ephi

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Well then just kill all email at the catchall...shut it off.
It's really all he can do. If he wants the spam to stop the only true way is to close the box up for good. Occassionally I need something from an email I had years ago and I might have signed up under some site with it...I just reopen it ...get the email and close it again.

btw-Is your friend the CEO of Amazon? If not tell him stop being lazy...we are busy people.

Also Jberry..nice link and thanks.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back