domains Mana.org expires closes at $167,000

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

equity78

Top Member
TheDomains Staff
TLDInvestors.com
Impact

Mana.org was the website for the Midwives Alliance of North America. The domain name expired and went for a whopping $167,000 at GoDaddy auctions today. Ahrefs shows a Domain Rating of 70. Backlinks 22K 92% do follow Linking websites 2.0K 86% do follow ManaOrg.com is a developed website along with ManaOnline.org. These sites are on […]
Continue Reading

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
That's a cool name, I must admit.
My first association was with this game.

•••
Let's see if it gets rolled back...

Brad

•••
•••
I dont really do gd auctions..like ever. so i thought it just expired and went to auction... and gd gets all cash... but then it says seller making nice profit.. explain plz?

•••
Over 3 billion search results for mana. Its not only a popular first name but also many businesses go with this name. I think 167K aren't paid just for domain rating and backlinks.

•••
Let s see if is not a fake sale 😏

•••
Let's see if it gets rolled back...

Brad
I was thinking the same Brad, and thought you would mention that. It's a huge price if a domainer bought it as an investment. But maybe the crypto angle with Decentraland has an opportunity.

•••
I dont really do gd auctions..like ever. so i thought it just expired and went to auction... and gd gets all cash... but then it says seller making nice profit.. explain plz?
I was saying a profit for them to resell. Meaning if a domainer bought it, and paid $167K will there be enough to make a decent profit hard to see a non profit paying say $350K to make the $167K worth the risk.

•••
•••
Can it be something different than the usual? Out of the mark or headline?

Hello everyone! Hey, I've read your article and all the logical comments here.

I also wanted to share my opinion about this expired domain name.

To do that, I started gathering website-related data for mana.org, such as SEO metrics, DA (Domain Authority), PA (Page Authority), authority, backlinks, anchor texts, web archive history, etc., in order to justify or support the $167,000 sale.

I was about to leave a comment here, but at the very last moment, something triggered in my mind, and I decided to take a little more time to investigate this sale further.

By doing this, I collected a lot more data and thought I should create a new thread.

I did it because I wanted to label it as a case study.

I'm sorry I failed to upload that data here because it was too long for a comment.

If you have the time, I invite you all to that thread for your logical comments and views, which can be helpful for everyone.

Thank you all!

•••
167k is very very very high price for this domain name...

•••
Corona Stay Home GIF by Salon Line

Mana has multi meaning, but price is so as it's auction :xf.wink:, as wroted above we will see what will be next.

•••
That's a very nice sale, tbh.

I am entirely certain that the buyer is an end-user. That price is very high. An investor wouldn't have put that much for a .org domain.

The buyer must have a nice plan as to what he's gonna do.

•••
No WHOIS change, domain still expired. So it's most likely yet another shill auction at GoDaddy.

•••
The domain in question now points to their official website.

•••
So someone was able to pay the 22.99 plus whatever late fees? That's actually kind of a happy ending for them. If they decide to stop being an alliance of midwives, they have a good minimum offer for their Afternic listing.

If those bids were actually legitimate, I wonder who the last two bidders were because for someone to bid to 167k someone had to bid to 166k.

•••
So someone was able to pay the 22.99 plus whatever late fees? That's actually kind of a happy ending for them. If they decide to stop being an alliance of midwives, they have a good minimum offer for their Afternic listing.
I thought the original registrant was no longer able to redeem a GoDaddy expired domain after a bid was received in the auction.

https://www.godaddy.com/help/listing-types-for-godaddy-auctions-1525

Expired Auctions

Domains that simply expire are automatically entered into auction 25 days after expiration. You can bid on any expiring domain listed through GoDaddy Auctions®. Expired auctions last for 10 days, after which domains without bids are moved to Expired Domains Closeout. The current registrant can re-claim the domain up to 30 days after expiration. Once a bid is placed, the registrant can no longer renew the domain in their account.

Please explain @GoDaddy.

If those bids were actually legitimate, I wonder who the last two bidders were because for someone to bid to 167k someone had to bid to 166k.

Yep, you can't shill it an auction to obscene levels without (2) or more parties in on the scheme.

This stuff probably requires quite a bit of organization and planning from the scammers.

Brad

Last edited:
•••
Oh! That must be a newer policy. In the past I have actually lost one or two domains after I won the auction or bought a closeout. It was very rare but I am pretty sure that happened.

•••
Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back