Domain Empire

Marketplace requires a new rule...

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
case closed, community has spoken!

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
It works two ways.

Research <---> Facts presented.

•••

Last edited:
•••
My view is that it's a good forum rule to explicitly specify if it's expiring within 60 days as that has a direct bearing on the value of the domain because of any potential additional costs on the horizon - so the seller should report that as part of the sale.

The issue of the 60-day transfer prohibition doesn't, to my mind, have any direct bearing on the domain's value - it's more an issue of convenience/choice for the buyer, so it should be the buyer's responsbility to research on Whois and then make a decision to buy or not.

Just my thoughts...!

•••
•••
Most domainers don't really care and will just open up an account at that registrar and push when able to.

If it's at some ghastly registrar like say, Network Solutions :ghost:

Well, that should have been warning enough to stay away or ask the question.

xXx DOMAINER xXx said:
rules state if a domain is going to expire with in 60 days, it should be listed..

why not also add a rule, if a domain is not transferable before 60 days, to be listed as well?!

•••
How about we make it a rule that buyers do their due diligence instead. I think we have enough rules in place for the sellers... and most do a great job of abiding by them. A little personal responsibility goes a loooooooooooong way! :tu: IMHO.

•••
requires more work, and who will do the manual verification?

also i can see posts like this re: domain sales that are incomplete in data is usually coming from people that just come and go here, with no commitment to post.

im saying is this is good rule to be added, but difficult to implement.

•••
I don't think it is necessary, it is up to the buyer to research something like this. The information is readily available in the whois record.

•••
Yeah I must admit I agree with Jennifer on this. It is not that hard to find out if a domain is still within its 60 day no transfer period.

Buyers need to do research on names before buying. There is a limit on the responsibility of what a buyer should do.

I personally have bought domains in a similar situation recently, it is just a minor inconvenience. I will just transfer when the next renewal is getting closer.

•••

Last edited:
•••
I think that it should be encouraged that a buyer does their research before purchasing a domain.

•••
I understand your issue arrised because of buying a freshly regged name. But what if someone has hundreds of domains and they tranferred 50 or so between registers at different times? The 60 day rule still applies.

It makes it very messy for sellers. I agree it's a buyers responsability.

•••
Due Diligence ....

If you "Really" want the domain for long term , You can wait until the domain is able to be transferred. It's one thing if someone is trying to hide something from you - But anything open for the World to see in Whois data should be your own responsibility.

•••
I think there should be a feature added where you must specify the domain and the following details will be added to the post automatically:
Registration date
Expiration date
Current Status

I've seen it on a forum somewhere but dont' remember where, I'll see if I can find it...

•••
the marketplace does not require this new rule. most registrars have free account creation anyway... better luck next time!

•••
i vote against the rule... not needed.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back