Domain Empire

Me and the giant Japanse Travel Agency...

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
I am in the process of acquring a domain called NipponTravel.com from Pool.com. Now, Nippon Travel is the pretty much the biggest travel agency catering for Japan in the world.

This is their website: http://www.nta.co.jp/english/about/index.htm - check the stats!

They also own www.nippon-travel.com, which is their japanese website.

My question is this...

Acquring the name, can I sell it to them, or do they have the right to sue me for breach of copyright, and send me to alcatraze for 23 years?

Appreciate any advice...

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Anything is possible. Depending on how well they take the news you accuired a great name. There is not really a yes or no answer - its just a risk you take when you decide to register.

I wouldnt worry about the jail part.

•••
I'd sell it as soon as possible because I'm almost certain that the WIPO would award a dispute challenge to the pre-established Nippon-travel!

Of course this depends upon what you use the name for.

•••
good thing they themselves dont use pool :)

You sure that they have copyright on their trademark?

•••
If they have the copyright (likely) to the name, then you might be in trouble if you start offering travel-related services on your site...

•••
you should be ok as nippon is a place and travel is a general term just my opinion though.

•••
If they have a trademark already on the name it is very likely they would win in a WIPO proceeding.

•••
nothing like a good wrestle with a giant. hehe does wonders for the soul!

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back