NameSilo

meet.at - Do such "speaking domain names" still work?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
I saw a similar topic in this very forum - about "domain hacks" still I'm not sure if this should be considered as one? I am in internet business for quite a while now but I am not a domain pro, that's why I have a question or better would like to hear your opinion.

I remember when "speaking domains" like "surf.to" or "go.to" where a great hype. I am in posession of "meet.at" which was the domain for our old company meet.at design (name not protected though).

As we now launched a new sucessing company with different name I wonder if "meet.at" has any value e.g. for the US market, as "meet" is a strong word and a short domain name. I guess especially for any kind of dating services it would be great. And: I wonder if such a "speaking name" of a domain still works or if this is all over by now?

Waiting for your comments...

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
You can start a similar service like go.to or the url shorten service like tinyurl . And you can earn more money. Meet.at is good phase . And the domain is good for social networking site also. IMHO

•••
You can start a similar service like go.to or the url shorten service like tinyurl . And you can earn more money. Meet.at is good phase . And the domain is good for social networking site also. IMHO

Thanks for your feedback. Well - I don't want to start a service, that's the point. I am up to the neck in other projects. But social networking is a good addition to the possible usage list, thanks - though: Isn't dating social networking, too? :hehe:

What I wonder: Is the chance to get a decent price really that much higher if you have a web project attached to it? Or do you mean with "earn more money" that I can earn it with the project itself..?

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back