Dynadot

.mobi .Mobile Landrush Coming Soon

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

JamesDavid

www.JamesDavid.comEstablished Member
Impact
Think about it, if there really was a ".mobile" extension. There is no way .mobi could compete with .mobile

Granted .mobile is TWO characters longer BUT today that doesn't matter, before smartphones it may have but not now.

Any Thoughts? Do you think someone will launch the extension? if so how do you think it will affect the .mobi market?

.mobile seems easier to understand to the regular everyday user then .mobi...

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
.Mobile Landrush Coming Soon

Or not.

When there's an actual .mobile application at icann let's look at it and talk. Until then it's a waste of time to speculate IMO.

•••
Plenty of ugly extensions are in the works. Looks like people never learn.

•••
.mobile is unlikely as i believe ICANN stipulates that any new TLDs should not be confusingly similar to existing ones. But .mo (macau ccTLD) is supposedly prepping for a relaunch/re-sunrise landrush. That could in theory provide some competition.

•••
I thought the idea with smart phones is that they were able to render reguler websites as if the phones were small computers in your hand.

Would that not get rid of the need of phone(moblie) based extensions all together?

Also I think apps, or the equivelent, have shown dominance in what phone(smart phone) users want; simple and stripped down to what the user is looking for or wants to use.

-Just a thought
-Aaron

-sorry for any spelling mistakes-

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back