Dynadot

Music on a page....

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
I have dreamweaver and wen i choose "audioembed" to add sound or music in my case it doesnt play it. Whats the exact code to play a song on the page???

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
still not workin...

That doesnt seem to work for me. Let me be a bit more specific on what i need and if the code even exists for it i want to play a regular sound file like one i downloaded off a peer to peer network program onto my site, i hae tried the code given and it doesnt work the page either immediately dissapears or doesnt come up at all...

•••
Are you trying to play an mp3 file or what type of file are you trying to play?

•••
yea...

an MP3 file i believe.

•••
Can you show us the code you're trying to use :-/

If you're wanting to stream the music when the page loads I think the server would have to be set up to allow that or the user would have to download the song before it would play.

•••
By the way did you change AUTOSTART=FALSE to AUTOSTART=TRUE ?

Also you can just create a link to the mp3 file and it should automatically pull up the users default player and start playing or downloading the song. But I think you want to have it embedded in your webpage so it plays when the page is loaded right?

•••
yes..

yes thats what i want. I was using the code given to me in this post but i dont know if im using it right or something

•••
Here's another thing you can try if you want:

If you open up a blank text file and add the url to your mp3 to it
example: http://www.yoursiteurlhere.com/yourmp3.mp3

Save it with a .m3u or .pls extension
example: playlist.m3u

That may stop the user from having to download it before they can listen to it.

Now you would just link to the .m3u or .pls file you creaetd instead of the actual mp3 file.

You can also try embedding it into your page so it plays when the page loads like this:

<html>
<body>
<EMBED SRC="yourfilehere.m3u" AUTOSTART=TRUE LOOP=FALSE ></EMBED>
</body>
</html>

•••
ummm...

i dont get the whole extension process who do i go about getting one? if its not too much trouble can u go into a bit more detail

•••
Just open a blank text file with notepad or something.

Then put the url to the mp3 file in it so all it has on one line would be:

http://www.yourdomain.com/yourmp3file.mp3

Then save the file as whateveryouwant.m3u

You can name it anything just make sure you save it with a .m3u extension.

You can do this in notepad by going to File-->Save As--> and then entering whateveryouwant.m3u

Then upload the file to your server.

Then create a test link to the .m3u file you uploaded. Click on it and see if plays for you.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back