NameSilo

Music!

Spaceship
Watch
Status
Not open for further replies.
Impact
As Discussed after the auction, I will gladly do the music for this, but will need a little bit of help through this thread, if you please.

RJ: Is it possible to get a ShoutCast installation setup on the NamePros server, and if so, could you PM Me the Broadcast and Admin Passwords. (I really need it sooner rather than later if at all possible :))

Everyone Else: If you want to wish NP Merry Christmas on the air, please Record it and PM Me the MP3, and I will put it into a playlist. Don't forget your name, just a "Merry Christmas NamePros from USER" is fine.

I have 45 christmas songs to use, and will post a playlist up later today. If after that you have a request, I will need the MP3 of the track, to load into the playlist.

Thanks,
Josh.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
your idea is great! let's set up a shoutcast server

•••
Thats why I need RJ, to get it onto the NP Server.

Actually, if anyone runs a webhost, and could spare it today for the shoutcast, then I would really appreciate it.

•••
yes, maybe someone who has a vps / dedicated server can help us

•••
Morphmaster has donated a ShoutCast for the night, thanks very much!

Thanks Chicker for the first NP Christmas message, please can everyone who can record a christmas message do, it makes it that extra magic. MP3, WAV, WMA, it doesnt matter, its all good!

•••
great! well done, JBebbington. thank you Morphmaster!

•••
Does anyone know how to install shoutcast on a VPS?

If so please message me quickly, I am not getting anywhere trying

•••
pm sent to you, JBebbington

•••
Good idea, people can alsways opt out too by just turning down their speakers or mute if they wish. I'm for that.

•••
I would like to thank all that tried to help out, Scott is setting up the server, so thanks must go to Scott mostly.

Please send in your recordings of yourself saying merry christmas, acting like an elf (no names mentioned chicker :)) or even stating your satanic views about 2006, and the year ahead. So far I have one user submitted recording, and you really don't want to get me on the mic, so submit your clips now!

Josh.

•••
Cool idea,

If I can find a mic I will send one in!

•••
I can do a mirror is you like, i've got a VPS with 500gb bandwidth, i can also use my own PC as a UK mirror for the stream for our UK members :) (4mbps connection)

PM me with details as to what is required (I know how to setup a shoutcast server on both windows and linux).

The UK Mirror would be online till around midnight UK time, the US (seattle) vps is on all the time)

Rick

Just another thought, it would be an idea if this was done under the RadioNamepros umbrella, the voiceovers are downloadable here: http://www.jeffradio.com/demos/andromeda.php?q=f&f=/Talk+Radio/Radio+NamePros

Last edited:
•••
That would be pretty ledge!

I will send a message in shortly.
Might not be there until 12GMT :(

•••
I'm having problems with the UK mirror, its very laggy and is stuck buffering -- it cant cope with the USA connection. We may need to do a separate uk stream -- pm me in chat morph.

Issues resolved, we now have 2 streams, plus i have another which can be mirroring if required (namepros1.listen2myradio.com)

•••
JBebbington, I willl get that "Merry Christmas " done soon!!

And for now....

Merry Christmas Namepros!!

•••
Vengeance said:
JBebbington, I willl get that "Merry Christmas " done soon!!

And for now....

Merry Christmas Namepros!!

The party was last night so you will be abit late, the music has finished now

•••
•••
The radio will be back on as long as someone donates a server to us. :)

•••
blindguardian said:
The radio will be back on as long as someone donates a server to us. :)

I don't think so ;) there is already an official Namepros radio...NP wouldn't benefit from a permanent stream.

•••
rmwebs said:
I don't think so ;) there is already an official Namepros radio...NP wouldn't benefit from a permanent stream.
It's not permanent, I talked to RJ about letting us do a NamePros holiday radio and he agreed with it. :)

•••
Oh I see...sorry, I thought you meant permanently.

•••
I heard the music today as well.
The party was last night so you will be abit late, the music has finished now

•••
Its great music, love to hear it.

•••
I love rock n' roll music.

•••
nice collection of music.

•••
Status
Not open for further replies.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back