IT.COM

information My first domain sale ($7000)

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Only1903

Established Member
Impact
Hi all,

I am happy to tell you NP people that i sold my first domainname to a Billion Dollar company for $7000USD
Regged it for $10 2years ago.

****AbuDhabi.com

Greetings
Only1903

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
How the hell was that available to reg?? It is worth at least 6 figures 😆 Wow!
Domain Name: ABUDHABI.COM
Registrar URL: http://www.namecheap.com
Creation Date: 1998-10-06T04:00:00Z

The OP didn't make it clear that he regged and sold a three-word name: (word)AbuDhabi.com. He used **** asterisks to mask out the first word. Also, AbuDhabi is regged in 158 extensions according to dotDB. So it wouldn't have come up for 'hand reg' a couple years ago even if it dropped. Would have been snapped and auctioned.

Be nice to know what the exact domain is. I looked at Namebio and the biggest sale with AbuDhabi in it is the .net for 3.5K. So OP's 3-word domain would be the highest (reported) sale with that geo keyword. If he reports it :)

Last edited:
•••
Congratulations! Wishing you future success!

•••
The first word is obviously a popular word related to tourism, not hard to guess.
Although, must be said that 2 years ago abudhabi wasn’t so much hyped like it is now.
He was just clever, understanding the potential of that geographical area 👍🏼

•••
Thanks all
I didnt want to disclose the full name.
it is without hyphens
Dont disclose anything here the termites will go to work and sell them to your customer ,I sold a domain for 5k two months ago and bought even better domains around it since ,now I got some amo after the buyer decides to set up a site. still dont know who bought it. People here are happy for you ,but that does not mean their not vultures. congrats.

•••
u arent supposed to sell domains for 7k to billions dollars companies.
I sold a domain to a 2 trillion dollar company for 4K before. The domain still doesn't resolve to anything 4 years later. I'm not convinced that they'd have cared enough about the name to pay much more for it. I think it was just a defensive purchase.

•••
Congrats, wish you many more like this one!

•••
Thanks all
I didnt want to disclose the full name.
it is without hyphens

•••
Congrats on a great first sale! Way better than my first ever sale at $77 :xf.grin:

It Looks like the full name isn't disclosed

•••
nice one. that took a bit of foresight/guesswork to see the middle eastern countries getting much more into tourism

•••
Notice it is a dot com no hyphens #’s.
And this place (Abu Dhabi) gets more tourism than most

Last edited:
•••
•••
•••
•••
Thanks all !
Congrats! It's good this is the first thing I read on NP today.

Edit:
Did you sell it with the website?

only the domain

•••
wow that's really a powerful start, congratulations

•••
Great job! Congratulations! Wishing you future success!

Last edited:
•••
•••
•••
•••
Congrats! It's good this is the first thing I read on NP today.

Edit:
Did you sell it with the website?

Last edited:
•••
•••
•••

Last edited:
•••
Domain Name: ABUDHABI.COM
Registrar URL: http://www.namecheap.com
Creation Date: 1998-10-06T04:00:00Z

The OP didn't make it clear that he regged and sold a three-word name: (word)AbuDhabi.com. He used **** asterisks to mask out the first word.

Be nice to know what the exact domain is. I looked at Namebio and the biggest sale with AbuDhabi in it is the .net for 3.5K. So OP's 3-word domain would be the highest (reported) sale with that geo keyword. If he reports it :)
OP is being considerate to end-user.
He doesnt want the end-user spammed with endless AbuDhabi domains from domainers reading this thread.

Unless he signed a NDA… It could OK if DM him but i do agree; very inconvenient, indeed! But i understand OP perspective, too.
—More common, when they built trust and relationship with the end-user.

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back