IT.COM

information My first domain sale ($7000)

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Only1903

Established Member
Impact
Hi all,

I am happy to tell you NP people that i sold my first domainname to a Billion Dollar company for $7000USD
Regged it for $10 2years ago.

****AbuDhabi.com

Greetings
Only1903

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
nice one. that took a bit of foresight/guesswork to see the middle eastern countries getting much more into tourism

•••
•••
Congrats! It's good this is the first thing I read on NP today.

Edit:
Did you sell it with the website?

Last edited:
•••
•••
Thanks all !
Congrats! It's good this is the first thing I read on NP today.

Edit:
Did you sell it with the website?

only the domain

•••
wow that's really a powerful start, congratulations

•••
•••
Great job! Congratulations! Wishing you future success!

Last edited:
•••
•••
Congratulations! Wishing you future success!

•••
How the hell was that available to reg?? It is worth at least 6 figures 😆 Wow!

Last edited:
•••
Congrats on a great first sale! Way better than my first ever sale at $77 :xf.grin:

It Looks like the full name isn't disclosed

•••
Notice it is a dot com no hyphens #’s.
And this place (Abu Dhabi) gets more tourism than most

Last edited:
•••
Domain Name: ABUDHABI.COM
Registrar URL: http://www.namecheap.com
Creation Date: 1998-10-06T04:00:00Z

The OP didn't make it clear that he regged and sold a three-word name: (word)AbuDhabi.com. He used **** asterisks to mask out the first word. Also, AbuDhabi is regged in 158 extensions according to dotDB. So it wouldn't have come up for 'hand reg' a couple years ago even if it dropped. Would have been snapped and auctioned.

Be nice to know what the exact domain is. I looked at Namebio and the biggest sale with AbuDhabi in it is the .net for 3.5K. So OP's 3-word domain would be the highest (reported) sale with that geo keyword. If he reports it :)

Last edited:
•••
Domain Name: ABUDHABI.COM
Registrar URL: http://www.namecheap.com
Creation Date: 1998-10-06T04:00:00Z

The OP didn't make it clear that he regged and sold a three-word name: (word)AbuDhabi.com. He used **** asterisks to mask out the first word.

Be nice to know what the exact domain is. I looked at Namebio and the biggest sale with AbuDhabi in it is the .net for 3.5K. So OP's 3-word domain would be the highest (reported) sale with that geo keyword. If he reports it :)
OP is being considerate to end-user.
He doesnt want the end-user spammed with endless AbuDhabi domains from domainers reading this thread.

Unless he signed a NDA… It could OK if DM him but i do agree; very inconvenient, indeed! But i understand OP perspective, too.
—More common, when they built trust and relationship with the end-user.

Last edited:
•••
The first word is obviously a popular word related to tourism, not hard to guess.
Although, must be said that 2 years ago abudhabi wasn’t so much hyped like it is now.
He was just clever, understanding the potential of that geographical area 👍🏼

•••
•••
•••
Thanks all
I didnt want to disclose the full name.
it is without hyphens

•••
Hi all,

I am happy to tell you NP people that i sold my first domainname to a Billion Dollar company for $7000USD
Regged it for $10 2years ago.

****AbuDhabi.com

Greetings
Only1903

u arent supposed to sell domains for 7k to billions dollars companies.

•••
u arent supposed to sell domains for 7k to billions dollars companies.
I sold a domain to a 2 trillion dollar company for 4K before. The domain still doesn't resolve to anything 4 years later. I'm not convinced that they'd have cared enough about the name to pay much more for it. I think it was just a defensive purchase.

•••
Congrats, wish you many more like this one!

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back