Dynadot

analysis My NamePros Domain Name Experiment

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
I've been a member of Namepros for years, buying and selling domains on this forum and many other places all over the internet for somewhere around two decades. You'd say I'm more of a hobbyist than a serious full time domainer. I've always worked for myself or had a job or two for others along the way. Recently, I noticed that NamePros had started a service to help domainers sell their names with sharp looking parking pages so I thought I'd give it a try by experimenting with 10 of my top names to market online. They are all dot coms and have had some traffic over the years I've owned them, including names like ExtraCheap.com, BeachDress.com, BikinsDirect.com, RateSolutions.com and PXVR.com. I'm not sure how this experiment will measure up but it's worth the try. All sorts of people come to this site to check out domain names.

I'll keep you up to date on how it goes, when and if I get inquiries on the names and if any of them end up selling as a result. In the mean time, keep domaining gang. I hope this will allow me to provide some good domaining advice. Good luck to you all!

Thanks,
Mike

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Last edited:
•••
It took a while to get the domains I put up here verified, mainly because the Namepros system is different than any where else I've encountered on the web. The additional step could be explained a bit better to help those parking names here. A little more of an explanation could be a lot of help. Now all the names are appearing on their own pages and are able to get offers. We'll see what happens next!

•••
Hi @likemike

I only see 1 of the domains you mention above as verified (fixed a typo in one of them).

The others are still unverified.

Could be that it takes some more time, please do check your dashboard and the message on the lander.

This is what you will see on the lander for domains that have not (yet) been verified:

NamePros Parking domain not yet verified.png

This is what you will see on the lander for domains that have been verified:

NamePros Parking verified domain.png

Last edited:
•••
•••
A normal STR for decent .coms is around 1%.

Around 50% of this comes from listing with Afternic and its network and another 50% from a good lander.

The lander portion can be improved or worsened by +/-20% via great or bad lander. So, let's assume NP lander is great and gives you that extra 20% improvement and now your STR is 0.5%+0.5%*(1+20%) = 1.1%

So how is that going to be noticeable based on a handful of names? One fluke sale and you will assume it is awesome? I mean with 5-6 names, you are more probable to have zero sales in the next decade than have 1 or more in that period even with the most awesome perfect lander.

You need hundreds of domains over an extended period of time for any meaningful experiment, preferably with a randomized a/b comparison vs another platform.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back