NameSilo

My site = Gone from Google!

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
My site, gamedose.com has lost is pagerank from PR 4. It has no backlinks in google and no search terms bring it up. How would I figure out why they removed me from thier system all together? I haven't changed the site in months, but this removal just happened. Its so odd.

MSN and yahoo have 2600 and 1000 backlinks respectively, so I know google is punishing me for something.....but the question is...for what?

Well, I guess my question is: just what are these reasons google has for banning sites?

Could it be that there are so many links on the front page? My site is a directory of free games and there are many sites like it still on google.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
site:gamedose.com

If it returns nothing - you're out if it shows up, something else must have happened

Nuff Said

-Steve

•••
Yeah, its gone. I know that, but why?

•••
This may or may not be the answer:

I read an article around the time where pagerank wasnt working that google was weeding out directory sites from their search systems. I played a few games on your site to see whether or not they were hosted on your server or not, and it appears taht you are linking to toher peoples websites. What I would recommend that you do is save the games as swf and load them onto your server and try adding your name back into google.

I understand the pain of having this happen, google loves to keep things interesting.

Best of luck and oh yeah... Nice site!

-Steve

•••
If your site was indexed in Google, had a pr 4 and back links and now you can't find it .. this means only one thing : you were banned!

Did you do something wrong ? I mean, did you used any seo tricks or something like that ?

- DM

•••
I haven't touched the site for months. All was running well until two days ago.

•••
white text on white background?
text behind images?

•••
adam_uk said:
white text on white background?
text behind images?

Nope, not on my site.

•••
Did you had links on your site to a banned web site ?

•••
Maybe, I have hundreds of outbound links within the site, so its hard to tell.

•••
Hello,

Well I say that the problem is right there. Maybe you linked to a banned site and that is what made your web site disapeer from Google..

- DM

•••
StudioWorks said:
Hello,

Well I say that the problem is right there. Maybe you linked to a banned site and that is what made your web site disapeer from Google..

- DM
I've never heard of this, and it makes no sense that Google would remove a site for linking to a 'banned' site.

They don't make an effort to eliminate illegal content from their database, so why are they going to punish a site for linking to a site that they decided to ban.

•••
A lot of things don't make sense in this world :) Why don't you send them a email asking about this issue ? :)

- DM

•••
I did, but have not gotten a response yet.

•••
Hello,

It's good that you emailed them. You might have to wait a while until you get a response.. and there is a chance you won't get a response at all.

- DM

•••
theres about a 99.999% chance you will not get a reply. Why? because they would have to reply to tons and tons of webmasters. Google changes daily and really effects non-athority sites (~under 6-7PR) alot. Just because they got rid of your site does not mean it won't be re-spidered in the next month....

Remeber google does not work for you, or any webmaster. I see webmasters asking why all the time, well theres no real reason, just like losing to the lottery, almost everyone does, and almost every webmaster does not get the rankings they want.

Good luck!

•••
This is from their guidelines:

"Keep the links on a given page to a reasonable number (fewer than 100)."

That's the only thing I could think of and if you might have linked to bad neighbourhood. If you have hundreds of links on the site Google could take you for an FFA and penalize you. But being removed from the index is a bit weird.

Could we know the URL?

•••
ahh, google once again dictating it's opinion what how the internet should be.

Welcome to the communist age of E.

•••
this is a just an excuse to start working on the other top se's for rankings such as yahoo and msn.

•••
K i am all confuse what is a Pr? and where do u see rank of ur site on google ? and what is the email address of google cause i couldnt find the email id of google folks. and its sad that ur site is no more indexed maybe try putting some robots txt on ur site maybe google will find its robots. and ur site is kinda slow when opening so try fixing that as google might have got annoyed with the speed ur site opens. Oh nice games too bad i dont have flash plugin installed on this pc. And dude if u didnt make those games why u wasting ur bandwitdh by putting links to other sites?

•••
K i am all confuse what is a Pr?

Googles way of determining the value of web sites by the means of links.

See more on these articles about PR:
http://www.jw-webbdesign.se/artikel_seo.html

and where do u see rank of ur site on google ?

Decide which keyword and search and see where is your site. If you rank much lower you can use this method:

Use this URL:

http://www.google.com/ie?q=keyword&num=100

On the place of keyword you place your keyword. This then gives 100 results and only the titles. Then you use CTRL+F and search for your company name. If it is not there just go to next page. Like this you can easily scan maybe 1000 results in 20 seconds.

and what is the email address of google

http://www.google.com/intl/en/contact/index.html

maybe try putting some robots txt on ur site maybe google will find its robots.

The robots.txt file is used to show the search engines which files are not be indexed.

and ur site is kinda slow when opening so try fixing that as google might have got annoyed with the speed ur site opens

That is not a factor in search engine ranking.

The site has 797 links on the main site. I am pretty sure it hit the red flag and got into a filter. Pretty sure.

•••
Thanks a lot but the first link that u gave i couldnt read cause i understand english only and on the second link u gave i put the sites name and it showed up at 1oth position is it good or bad? plus most of the site above it give timeout and dont exist , can u throw some light on it? and i still dont understand the robot.txt file thing and how it helps/ And i suppose speed is not a factor for google to find it. so might be as u said the Red flag thing.

•••
Thanks a lot but the first link that u gave i couldnt read cause i understand english only

Only the first article is in swedish, the rest is in english.

and on the second link u gave i put the sites name and it showed up at 1oth position is it good or bad?

If it is the sites name that you want you site to be found with it is very good. The question is how many per day is searching for that name. If not many you should try to target another word/phrase.

Ok the robot.txt. It tells the search engines robots which files not to index. If you want the search engines to index ALL of your site you can simple write this:

User-agent: *

Save it as a text file with the name robots.txt and upload it in the same directory as the index file.

Yes, I still believe it got penalized for too many links.

•••
StudioWorks said:
Hello,

- DM
That would be probably the only reason they did that, I cant think of any other reason.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back