Domain Empire

Namebio ridiculous captcha

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

alcy

Top Member
Impact
@Michael I hope u can do something about this ridiculous captcha of yours..before I smash my fone on my wall and send someone the bill

I'm stuck forced into some stupid truck picking nonsense puzzle picture like when I was 8 at school... then when i force me eyes to pick the damn stuff apparently the kindergarten teacher slaps me wrist and says ain't good enuf so then I have to do it again...
today i did it on 10 screens ... and still didnt get there...

I visit tons of sites... nobody treats me like namebio... whatever it is u do or why u have very clearly crossed all lines of paranoia about it.

I am going to shoot me in the head so sure I am not to be the only person cursing captcha like this one here... that's either just bad or set to max difficulty or hypersensitivity .

in either case it ain't working ... for God's sake man .. just get rid of the nonsense round yer fine site and let some nice folk see some sales like in the good old days

u have gone down so low with the security paranoias ads etc .... u have taken the fun and pleasure and thus the very purpose of yer informational site out of the equation. I used to look forward to going to namebio see some sales...now I just shake and pray I get an easy captcha.

ty

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I've seen that a couple times as well in the past few days, I have a message into hCaptcha about it. Usually goes away for me after one or two more tries, although obviously something is wrong. Thanks.
After a few days of persistently showing that error message, it is no longer showing any error message. Thanks.

•••
Motorbus right? how many are? 4 - right ?
Did i check all? Not working , must do it again , again & again no accessss

Show attachment 183092
It looks like you answered correctly. But as mentioned earlier in the thread, it isn't only about your answers. You can answer them all wrong and still get through, and you can answer them right and not get through. They also look at other factors like your browser, screen size, mouse movements, your IP address, and a myriad of other factors that I don't even know about.

It looks like you're on mobile, which always makes it a little harder to get through because there are no mouse movements for them to interpret. I'm guessing it is that, combined with something related to your IP address, but there is no way for me to know as it isn't our CAPTCHA service.

@Michael
I think Namebio have a problem with captcha
or something change
Need to be member ?
Any updates we must know

Kind regards,

I haven't gotten any complaints about the CAPTCHA since I changed the settings to "Easy" about a month and a half ago. And thousands of people are getting through every day. So I don't think it's broken, although I've made a note of your issue.

As also mentioned earlier in the thread, if you register on the site for free and then PM me the email you registered with, I'll make it so that you never see the CAPTCHA as long as you're logged in.

Sorry you're having issues! I wish we could get rid of it, but it's literally the only thing that has worked to stop the bots, and we tried everything else first (including other CAPTCHA services).

Last edited:
•••
Very true...🤣. Not like it is verifying that some automated engine is using the site but you need to find each and every truck correct. If anyone gets one wrong you need to start again with a new boat or bicycle. 😂

•••
I just went to Namebio and solved in 2 attempts.

But yes, they need to be more friendly with these.

Last edited:
•••
takes me 3 puzzles on avg...today I had like 10 still didnt get in

can u say outrage

can u say ridiculous

like I said namebio used to be good and fun... now many dont even bother going

•••
Weird - I just went on as a guest and had no captcha appear at all.....

Is that just my cache, cookies or something?

•••

Clear cache and try and let us know.

•••
A browser with a normal secure setup (adblock, no social media tracking, no 3rd party tracking, etc) is NOT compatible with this captcha at this time. For the reasons of fairness, I should say that google captcha tends to ask me more times to find bridges or boats, but with google captcha I can at least proceed further. Not with current namebio captcha... as it constantly showed me new tasks until I closed the window.

Last edited:
•••
A browser with a normal secure setup (adblock, no social media tracking, no 3rd party tracking, etc) is NOT compatible with this captcha at this time. For the reasons of fairness, I should say that google captcha tends to ask me more times to find bridges or boats, but with google captcha I can at least proceed further. Not with current namebio captcha...
Did you try in incognito mode already? (It's not for the few ads on namebio, they don't throw you thousands of popups in the face daily as other sites do)

•••
yea from looks of it 90% mp members disliking this wont be enuf to get a change done.

it's hard not to appreciate what owner has done over years but u gotta be insane if u will allow yerself to be forced into some childish puzzle picture games that often take many screen to solve...and more than once I never even got thru aftr 10 puzzles and few mins of wasted eye strain... and definitely not just once per week for me either .

so ya.. I'd love to visit namebio... but thanks for making it so I cant.

tnx for the years before of this great site.

bye bye.

•••
This captcha does cause some trouble, still like before.

•••
The captcha is a pain in the bum, but as a web automation script developer I can tell they have no other option.
Even with the captcha on, the automation scripts can still crawl the site using the following kind of service
https://2captcha.com/2captcha-api#solving_hcaptcha
But it definitely slows down the crawling speed.
There are other solutions they can integrate, but I bet they already tried them all.

•••
@Michael i have logged in and redirect here https://namebio.com/memberships but when i try to visit just https://namebio.com i must solve captcha. what the -_-
i told you in dm, your captcha settings have a problem.
namesilo also uses hCaptcha but it only takes 3 images and there are no problems
I said you need to PM me your email address so I can add a "membership" to your account that can bypass the CAPTCHA. I didn't receive any messages from you, so yea... you'd still see the CAPTCHA.

We do have ours set to "Always On" difficulty level, maybe that's the difference. There's definitely nothing wrong with the settings though. We had to do that difficulty level because we found the bots were just continuing to click the CAPTCHA from a bazillion IPs until they got lucky and the service didn't require a solve, so any lower setting was pointless at stopping them.

We have received a few complaints from people that after they got the green check mark, they were still prompted to solve another CAPTCHA. The problem is that sometimes after you answer correctly, hCaptcha will still tell us that you failed the test based on the other parameters they look at (remember it's not only about the answers). Not much we can do about that other than switching providers, but there aren't really any good options that can stop CAPTCHA farms and aren't blocked in a bunch of countries.

The captcha is a pain in the bum, but as a web automation script developer I can tell they have no other option.
Even with the captcha on, the automation scripts can still crawl the site using the following kind of service
https://2captcha.com/2captcha-api#solving_hcaptcha
But it definitely slows down the crawling speed.
There are other solutions they can integrate, but I bet they already tried them all.
CAPTCHA farms won't get through unless they proxy all the scraping traffic, and that's fine by me because it's easier to ban a few thousand IPs from CAPTCHA farm employees than a whole botnet.

•••
I remember having the same experience as the OP the last time that I used Namebio. I eventually just gave up and left the site. I just tried it again and had a similar experience. Examine the images looking for all the trains.

It's unfortunate with the bots that this was the solution that you had to implement to curb them. The user experience certainly suffers with the captcha complexity. It's not very often that I run into sites that force me to leave because of the captcha.

I've had issues with bots but not at the level that you've experienced, so I can't comment on any solutions that you haven't already thought of.

•••
The paid model may work for existing users but how about new users that have never been to the site before? Imagine that you came from google and this was your first impression of the site. Heck, you can't even get to the site to begin with.

Just thinking out loud in what I would do to combat these problematic bots.

•••
@Michael, it behooves me still sticking with this company after all the reported errors.
You’ve made it your product inaccessible.
We dont think you did it on purpose;
You have #1 service in this sector, Michael.
You’re the most engaged owner.
You’re not under attack. This company is;
Click on the hand i circled on the bottom;
D3EA9569-78FD-430E-B917-0F2C6F14F406.jpeg

F0DEA060-5EEA-4444-87C3-D437872C9C03.jpeg

No ill will, @Michael.
Happy New Year!

Samer

Last edited:
•••
Well, I just tried and made it thru after two puzzles. Maybe it is because I am on a desktop vs hand held device (images are easier to see)?

I've noticed other data providing sites increasing captcha tests...namebio is one of the friendliest. There is one that every time you use it, it adds a captcha to solve...after I reach the 5 or 6 level I just wait until the next day to access them again.

Also, I clear cookies, etc 3-4 times a day and at shutdown...that helps a great deal.

Yup. Could be it.

Mostly use my phone NP Namebio. Let me try.

Last edited:
•••
Yup. Could be it.

Mostly use my phone NP Namebio. Let me try.
I'm on desktop and it makes no difference for me personally. Maybe it's the way your brain works whether you can figure the puzzle out or not.

•••
I need to answer 4-7 captcha each time I want to use namebio.

Time to support and pay 💰😎💪🙏

Your card was declined. I have some $ can’t use 😑🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️

Fixed

I am now a proud supporter of Namebio.com

💪😃🤘

•••
I submitted sailz to NB, helped their database... added to their business... but this is what I get for it::xf.cry::xf.cry:

upload_2021-1-13_14-43-25.png

•••

Not sure. I just visited for the first time in months and got the spot the tiny boat in the tiny images captcha.

•••
yes, too weird and tired of

there's any other service to alternate it?
---
Edited: just visit dnpric.es, too weird again
Error establishing a database connection

Last edited:
•••
I have been experiencing the same thing for weeks now. It even pop up repeated captcha for me after marked 'not robot'. I don't know why.

Last edited:
•••
@Michael i have logged in and redirect here https://namebio.com/memberships but when i try to visit just https://namebio.com i must solve captcha. what the -_-
i told you in dm, your captcha settings have a problem.
namesilo also uses hCaptcha but it only takes 3 images and there are no problems

Last edited:
•••
I said you need to PM me your email address so I can add a "membership" to your account that can bypass the CAPTCHA. I didn't receive any messages from you, so yea... you'd still see the CAPTCHA.

Hi, please check my dm

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back