Dynadot

NameCheap - One day only -- Transfers are just $3.98 / .com, .net, .org, .biz, .info

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Namecheap is offering a $3.98 domain transfer day.
The day is February 2, and part of the money goes to: https://www.eff.org/
Source: Link

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
last week brought a domain from Namepros user and its pushed to my Godaddy account. Its expiring, now i want to move to namecheap, but Godaddy says
"Transfer locked until 3/29/2016"

But Goddaddy emailed me the authorization code, can i able to transfer this domain or not?

•••
Pay for the transfer like you normally would, but only enter the EPP code after 3/30/2016. That's what I always do.

•••
EPP code you mean entering Domain authorization code in namecheap after 3/30/2016?

•••
EPP code you mean entering Domain authorization code in namecheap after 3/30/2016?

Order domain transfer at namecheap now and start transfer when lock is removed at GoDaddy:)

•••
Order domain transfer at namecheap now and start transfer when lock is removed at GoDaddy:)

Namecheap will probably cancel the transfer after a certain period though, probably 30 days

•••

Yes. If you enter the code now the transfer will be cancelled. If you enter the code after that date, the transfer will proceed.

•••
Need to check if I have anything else up for renewal, cheers!

•••
Trying to transfer 50 domains, when I click on "confirm order" I receive an error. Does anyone know if you need to add the balance to your account first?

•••
who are all transferred, don't forget the free perks like Custom Email + SSL certificate for all the domain names.

•••
Also do you have to add each authorization code at checkout?

•••
Also do you have to add each authorization code at checkout?

Do it like 25+25.

you can add auth code once order placed (through domain control panel)

•••
Go figure... :guilty:

No cached version of this page is available.

Error 524 Ray ID: 26e7ea685bfc41e9 • 2016-02-02 18:23:06 UTC
A timeout occurred

•••
Why it gives me 9.69 for transfer? Do I have to put some code or sth?

•••
Why it gives me 9.69 for transfer? Do I have to put some code or sth?

Code will be automatically applied once you click "Add to Cart" button.

Otherwise use this Code MYDD2016

•••
Yes - thank you. The strange thing was that if I add them one by one it stays 9.69, if I add them all - it's ok.

•••
I don't know if it's just me but most of my names is stuck at "Verifying domain contacts." (for the last 12 hours)

•••
last week brought a domain from Namepros user and its pushed to my Godaddy account. Its expiring, now i want to move to namecheap, but Godaddy says
"Transfer locked until 3/29/2016"

But Goddaddy emailed me the authorization code, can i able to transfer this domain or not?

You should ask them to get lock removed by sending an email to [email protected]. I did this today and transfer already completed.

•••
I don't know if it's just me but most of my names is stuck at "Verifying domain contacts." (for the last 12 hours)

Same here, not all went through.

•••
Are we able to transfer domains back to NameCheap if we once had it there and transferred out?
Ex: GD-NC-GD-NC?

•••
Are we able to transfer domains back to NameCheap if we once had it there and transferred out?
Ex: GD-NC-GD-NC?
Yeah, I managed to initiate transfers for 3 names that were at NC a few months ago.

•••
Transferred 50 names that were due for renewals in next 2-4 months. Too much work, unfortunately. Would have been nice if I could just upload a spreadsheet.

•••
I must transferred 50 already because the promo code no longer reduces the total. :(

Anyone know of anymore transfer codes floating around? (Any registrar)

•••
It only shows the discount after you login to your account.

50 transferred, mostly from Godaddy, feels grrreat...

•••
I was surprised how easy and quickly the 50 transfers went through. The only pain was removing the 50 privacy orders one at a time.

•••
I was on the fence about taking advantage of this at all, but figured I'd try and transfer-in some low-value domains.

Place order for 11 transfers... Order Failed

Initial Amount
$45.76
Total Charged $0.00

Some items on the list weren't processed correctly. You'll find details below.

Your account is not be eligible to use this coupon as a similar coupon may have already been used on another account of yours.

Order failed, but still got charged, despite what the page said...

Contact support by live chat (no phone support, of course), and am told:

Unfortunately, the system marked your account as not eligible for the discount as it appears that a similar coupon may have already been used on another related account.

To my regret, there is nothing I can do in this case. The promo is limited to 50 domains per household and our system has detected that the promo code has been already used on another related account.

I've NOT used this promo on any other accounts, nor do I even have any other accounts that I'm aware of...

Thank you for waiting. As an exception we decided to submit the transfers manually for you.

What a joke.... I don't think I'll even bother trying to transfer another 40...

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back