Domain Empire

NameCheap - One day only -- Transfers are just $3.98 / .com, .net, .org, .biz, .info

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Namecheap is offering a $3.98 domain transfer day.
The day is February 2, and part of the money goes to: https://www.eff.org/
Source: Link

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
It‘is still available?

•••
•••
I don't know if it's just me but most of my names is stuck at "Verifying domain contacts." (for the last 12 hours)

Seems like my .infos went through, then my .orgs several hours later but the .com and .nets are still in that status

•••
Still waiting on the transfer approval emails for my .com's..... usually they come through in 10 mins....

•••
Still waiting on the transfer approval emails for my .com's..... usually they come through in 10 mins....

I have one on hold too so asked them to check and here is their reply:

Due to the increased amount of transfer requests caused by the Move Your Domain Day the system needs more time
to retrieve the data from Whois. The challenge, in this situation, is that the losing Registrars are rate limiting the number of WHOIS looks that can be
done against their own systems. Our executive management is aware of the issue and they're working on it.

It may take up to 24‐48 hours, but will be fine at the end.

•••
I don't know if it's just me but most of my names is stuck at "Verifying domain contacts." (for the last 12 hours)
2 days later and still the same.
So I will repeat what I said later - the quality of NC service leaves A LOT to be desired... :xf.rolleyes:

edit - didn't read a post before me.

•••
So I will repeat what I said later - the quality of NC service leaves A LOT to be desired... :xf.rolleyes:

I already contacted them and it seems that has nothing to do with NC, but whois limitations at previous registrars. See my above post. They said it could take up to 48 hours but will finish for sure.

•••
I wonder if there's an official number of transfers they had ?

•••
Couldn't find the number, but tens of thousands. Found this thread and 7 hours to go Domainzy claimed it was near 17,000 at that moment.

•••

Seems its a general problem. They have been having issues since the site redesign. Its like they skimmed on testing. This is not the first time they would do a "transfer day" . Has there ever been such delays in the transfer process due to what excuses they are giving us now?
Only thing is their customer service is as great as ever and now people have let them know, they would get on top of it.

•••
I had contacted Namecheap earlier today about this and they said that some of the registrars are limiting the amount of requests that they are asking for and it's beyond their control.

This has been the case in the past with certain registrars, especially on this famous transfer away day.

They will go through eventually, depending on when the losing registrars loosen up their restrictions.

It's kind of like when you ask your kids to take out the trash. It will get done, Eventually! ;)

•••
I think they passed the 20k mark, it's a great way to support a good cause and make customers happy at the same time by providing them with great savings :)

•••
Thankfully I transferred domains that weren't close to expiring...

•••
Thankfully I transferred domains that weren't close to expiring...
I had a few that were about to expire, so I've transferred those elsewhere instead since the NC transfers hadn't actually started yet.

If anyone else is in this position: Dynadot transfers are super fast and cost is pretty reasonable at $8.75.

•••
Big batch of transfer emails arrived - things are moving along finally.

•••
•••
•••
Just came in for me also! Frustrated, but the wait was worth the great deal.

•••
Big thanks to NC for being generous as always :)
(are you listening Godaddy? - we are waiting for some nice promotions soon......... )
[yeah, right :rolleyes:]

•••
Thanks for the good news, I was worried two of my expired ones weren't going to make it, but now they will :)

•••
My transfer confirmation email arrived about half an hour ago, too. Out of the 50 domains transferred there was only 1 that made me waiting - 49 arrived right after the purchase.
They changed the format of the approval page, compared to Feb 2.

•••
Too soon to cheer maybe? I got a few "Transfer Domain : Cancelled : xxxxxxx.com"'
What the......
?
:guilty:

•••
Too soon to cheer maybe? I got a few "Transfer Domain : Cancelled : xxxxxxx.com"'
What the......
?
:guilty:

Please take a look HERE. They advise to turn to their support in case succh as yours.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back