NameSilo

NameJet Backorders...

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Gene

Gene PimentelTop Member
Impact
If I were to use the "backorder" feature at NameJet, does that put the domain into the auction system for others to bid on? Or is the backorder process separate from the auctions? :-/

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Gene said:
If I were to use the "backorder" feature at NameJet, does that put the domain into the auction system for others to bid on? Or is the backorder process separate from the auctions? :-/

When you backorder at Namejet, you are actually telling the whole world you're interested in the domain.

•••
PowerUp said:
When you backorder at Namejet, you are actually telling the whole world you're interested in the domain.
Wow! I've never communicated with so many people at once! Heh... Just kidding. I placed a name on back order at the minimum bid of $69. I'm unfamiliar with the system, or what to expect next.

•••
Placing a backorder on a domain at NameJet puts you into the auction should they capture the domain. Just like SnapNames. However, the difference in NameJet is that everyone can see that there is a backorder for that domain. It highlights that somebody thinks this domain has value. Whereas at SnapNames backorders are private. Another difference between NameJet and SnapNames is in the auction you can see who you are bidding against in SnapNames. Not so in NameJet. Overall, SnapNames has the better experience for the backorderer. However NameJet gets all (well most) of the eNom and Netsol expiring names.

Last edited:
•••
Thanks. So, does that mean if it enters the auction phase at NameJet that they have indeed acquired the name?

The name I bid on has several other bidders, but I was not notified of this. Supposedly the name is in a 3-day auction now. Do I have to keep checking to see where I stand? How do I know when the last minute of the auction is? They sure don't give you much information. Seems I have no control over my bidding timing.

•••
Yes. If it's in auction. They captured the domain. the auction is usually 3 days from the date it was dropped/captured. Yes. Like SnapNames you need to be on full alert for the last 5 minutes of the auction. I'm sure they indicate how long the auction has left.

•••
Thanks! I appreciate the info. Rep added

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back