NameSilo

discuss NBAz.com [National Bank of Arizona] an advertiser of the National Basketball Association.

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Chris Hydrick

Top Member
Impact
I noticed NBAz.com advertising on tonight's NBA Phoenix Suns vs Golden State Warriors game. see screenshot

upload_2016-10-30_20-1-6.png

Could this be considered a typo of NBA.com since the Z is next to the A?

Whatever the case may be, they are NBAZ is a paid NBA advertiser. =}

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
I don't think this is a typo I think this is a case of a smart marketing department. The bank will very likely get much more bang for their advertising money as people at an NBA game will certainly remember the NBAZ.com domain the next day. Likely a much higher percentage of domain memory retention than if it was at a MLS NHL or a completely non-sport related venue. Smart move! :)

•••
I don't think this is a typo I think this is a case of a smart marketing department.

I don't think it was a typo either, just wanted to point out the closeness. AZ being the abbreviation of Arizona. Would be hard to argue otherwise.

Other national state banks could have simulated this as well: Alabama, Alaska, Arizona, Arkansas. ... =]

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back