Domain Empire

advice End User Suggestions

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Hi All,

If you’re a hoops fan, you probably saw a thrilling Game 2 of the National Basketball Association Finals tonight.

Long-time Golden State Warriors’ player Andre Iguodala (who was the MVP of the finals a couple years back) made a clutch, last-second basket that Toronto might not survive.

It occurred to me that a good headline would include a version of Andre’s name—e.g., “Iguodollar does it again.”

I know it’s a longshot, and l really don’t expect to profit from this slang name (l am a Creative for SquadHelp, and l’m used to coming up with clever names and rarely profiting from them)—but, hey, l figured It wasn’t that much of an investment—$6.99 at Namesilo—to register Iguodollar as a domain name.

I live in Southern California and know several newspaper sportswriters, and figure l could send the name posthaste to one or more of them.

I’m 99.9 percent sure domaining a name doesn’t provide any trademark rights—but I’m wondering if anyone has any ideas about marketing the name.

It would probably sell well on the front of a tee-shirt—at least in the San Francisco area(I’ve already submitted three domain names (listed below) just recently to Steve Ballmer, former ceo of Microsoft, owner of the Los Angeles Clippers, and reputedly the 2nd richest man in the world and actually received a semi-positive response from one of his associates.

Clipsjoint.com. Kawine.com.
SteveBallmercenaries.com

So, hey, l keep trying in-between SquadHelp.com gigs.

Would appreciate any feedback that isn’t sarcastic.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back