NameSilo

Need a certain script

Spaceship
Watch

Dave_Z

Electrifying GuyTop Member
Impact
Hi guys!

I'm looking for a script or line/s of code that'll do these functions in sequence:

1. The viewer sees my subscription box and enters his/her first name and email address, then clicks GO!.

2. The 1st name and email address are entered into my mailing list managing database. (the script/code isn't really needed for this one. Read on and you'll see why I input this).

3. The page redirects to my main website (sales page, order link, etc.).

4. On certain parts of the website, it'll show the viewer's 1st name based on what he/she input in the subscription box earlier.

#4 is especially the one I'm looking for.

Help, anyone?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
Yup. Trouble is, I don't even know how to call what I'm looking for.

Narrowing it down is even harder than finding the proverbial needle in a haystack. :lala:

•••
I'll have a look for you :D

•••
Try a simple php form with all that information then at the then, put a subscription PayPal button... ?

•••
The easiest way would to set a cookie. You can also set a session but a session will only last for how long their browser is open.

•••
Originally posted by DSL
The easiest way would to set a cookie. You can also set a session but a session will only last for how long their browser is open.

That sounds fair. I just tested that in a sample site and it works the way you said it.

Trouble is, I'm a total dunce. I could basically cut and paste, though I have some understanding of codes & scripts.

Could you perhaps input a sample script or cookie on how to execute such a command?

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back