NameSilo

.net/.com/.org

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Which is better? Or is .net and .com equal?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
Originally posted by NemesisXG
.com, of course. :]

Bingo! :D
Welcome to Namepros, Gaming-Palace. :)

•••
Ok so they will sell for more?

•••
Originally posted by Gaming-Palace

Generally, yes.
-However, a lot of it has to do with the quality of the name and/or the traffic it receives.

•••
Oh ok. How much would a gaming site thats a .net usualy sell for?

•••

Generally, yes ... for much more :$: . However, a VERY good .NET could sell for more versus a mediocre .COM, depends on the domain name(s). Also depends on amount of development, promotion, and traffic, as well.

•••
Oh ok. How much would a gaming site thats a .net usualy sell for?

It all depends on the traffic it receives, and what the quality of the domain name is.

Of course, you've already done a good job of describing this over in your appraisal thread, so, I'm sure someone will have an estimated price for you soon. However, it may be a good idea to provide some form of traffic-proof (in that thread) as well.

Best of luck!
:]

•••
Originally posted by NemesisXG
Generally, yes.
-However, a lot of it has to do with the quality of the name and/or the traffic it receives.

Mind reader. :D

•••
•••
•••
Well, if by "better" you mean which ones are worth more, it's .com, .net, and .org.

•••
.com is usually worth the most, although a good .net or .org beats a bad .com... But what I'm trying to say, if you own www.cars.com, www.cars.net, and www.cars.org ... Then www.cars.com would be worth the most. But go to the appraisal section if your curious about a certain domain. Good luck!

•••
.net

i think .net is better..but the other ones are ok

•••
I can't think of a single case where the .net would be worth more then the .com (undeveloped)

•••
Well I wouldnt see why it would matter why the .com is more..They both cost the same..

•••
.com is certainly the most recognized TLD, it also represents " Commercial " " Commerce " = $ which is what most people want when they are looking to develop a site online.

Mike

•••
Yeah, .com sounds more professional, lol.

•••
Originally posted by Tippy
.com is certainly the most recognized TLD, it also represents " Commercial " " Commerce " = $ which is what most people want when they are looking to develop a site online.

Mike

It's all about the :$: :$:
:lol:

•••
I prefar .com.. of course :)

Often worth more...

•••
Dot-Com Rules - True Story

I run a web site for Mrs. Duck called www.AngelPin.com. No big deal.

There is another website, www.AngelPin.net that advertises for home-based workers in a regional Newspaper called The Lucky Nickel. Not a day goes by that I don't receive at least one inquiry about the work-at-home opportunity. Yesterday, I received FouR such eamils.

Even though the advertisement clearly ststes Dot-Net, people go to the Dot-Com. The importance of this goes beyond subjectivity.

quack

•••
Excellent point, DomainDuck. :)

•••
•••
Lately .org's have been more popular and selling for more So yeah it also determines the popularity or the .net, .org, and .com at the current time you sale it.

•••
I used to LOVE .net's but now I love .org's . They make the domain feel "homy" lol. If your openni ga buisness, .com's sound more professional.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back