NameSilo

.net .NET - The Discussion and Showcase Thread!

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Ok, its been a while since I've seen the good 'ol .NET get some decent recognition! :)
Let's try to bring this "bad boy" into spotlight as I believe there are still some great names left in this TLD!
Anyone still believe in .NET? :)

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
A large majority of my portfolio is .net :) Just got a four figure offer on one of them, too!

•••
I'm selling one of my LLL.net (geo-domain) :D
pm me for inquiry, if nay of you like..

•••
Hello guys, can anyone tell me how to coninvce end users to buy a .net domain name?

I'm asking the same question.. can anyone enlighten us?

•••
There is no way to "convince" someone to buy a .net name, as far as a methodology that is somehow unique to .net itself.

They're either interested, or they aren't. If they're interested, it will generally because you can offer them very high quality keywords that are otherwise unattainable in .com. If they're not interested in your .net name, it's either because your keywords don't appeal to them, or .net doesn't appeal to them.

If you find yourself 'making a case for .net', you aren't selling right.
I own (and love) .us names. Like, really, really good ones. No garbage. From time to time (although pretty infrequently) I resell a .us name or two. When I pitch a .us name to end-users, they either 'get it' immediately on .us, or they will never 'get it' at all, no matter how I explain it to them. Entering into a sales pitch by immediately launching into apologetics for what you're selling (.net is JUST AS GOOD AS .COM!! IT'S JUST THAT THE REST OF THE WORLD DOESN'T REALIZE IT!!!) is an awful, awful strategy.

Your .net will sell on the strength of its keywords- not the fact that it is or isn't a .net.

•••
There is no way to "convince" someone to buy a .net name, as far as a methodology that is somehow unique to .net itself.

They're either interested, or they aren't. If they're interested, it will generally because you can offer them very high quality keywords that are otherwise unattainable in .com. If they're not interested in your .net name, it's either because your keywords don't appeal to them, or .net doesn't appeal to them.

If you find yourself 'making a case for .net', you aren't selling right.
I own (and love) .us names. Like, really, really good ones. No garbage. From time to time (although pretty infrequently) I resell a .us name or two. When I pitch a .us name to end-users, they either 'get it' immediately on .us, or they will never 'get it' at all, no matter how I explain it to them. Entering into a sales pitch by immediately launching into apologetics for what you're selling (.net is JUST AS GOOD AS .COM!! IT'S JUST THAT THE REST OF THE WORLD DOESN'T REALIZE IT!!!) is an awful, awful strategy.

Your .net will sell on the strength of its keywords- not the fact that it is or isn't a .net.

So are you saying that if end users like your keywords that is unattainable in .com, and they immediately 'get it', then that's it? I take it that keyword is king :hehe:

•••
No, its just that some are unwilling to accept superior keywords on an inferior TLD.

A lot of businesses (US ones, anyway) are dot-com-or-die, and not entirely without good cause. They'd rather have BananaWorld.com over Bananas.net.

Others would prefer Bananas.net. If you own Bananas.net, it's your job to find those people.

There isn't any real 'selling technique' that's going to convince a .com purist end user (and likely, a domain name layperson) to make the jump into .net. You present what you have and they're either interested, or they aren't. When pitching .us, I sometimes mention that its status as a ccTLD has an actual search engine advantage when targeting US based users over global, generic TLDs like .com... There isn't much to pitch about .net that is 'positive', aside from the fact that it's much cheaper than .com.

Last edited:
•••
I got a $300 offer for CottonTshirts.net tend to think that a little low for a product that is worn all over the world. I also own CottonTshirt.net. I have always been in the middle with .net, not high but not low.

I do own a lot of LLtv.net and a lot of them get traffic and earn $6 year so they cover their expense. BnTV.net went crazy in March and made $20, I have no idea why.

I hand regged UsaMedia.net which I think is a nice name, I regged it because because all other extensions including .biz and .mobi regged.

Dong would you prefer a GeoNews.org or .net ? I went with .org for the reasons you mentioned on the wildlife.net. I think .org is more authoratative. Names like MilwaukeeNews.org or SanFranciscoNews.org.

•••
Yes, it's a generic/highly targeted name in top lucrative PPC niche. Very similar to your examples.

No, its just that some are unwilling to accept superior keywords on an inferior TLD.

A lot of businesses (US ones, anyway) are dot-com-or-die, and not entirely without good cause. They'd rather have BananaWorld.com over Bananas.net.

Others would prefer Bananas.net. If you own Bananas.net, it's your job to find those people.

There isn't any real 'selling technique' that's going to convince a .com purist end user (and likely, a domain name layperson) to make the jump into .net. You present what you have and they're either interested, or they aren't. When pitching .us, I sometimes mention that its status as a ccTLD has an actual search engine advantage when targeting US based users over global, generic TLDs like .com... There isn't much to pitch about .net that is 'positive', aside from the fact that it's much cheaper than .com.

for a change dongsman, decent post!! repd+ :wave:

•••
War.net sold for $10,099 a few days ago (Sedo, it seems).

•••
War.net sold for $10,099 a few days ago (Sedo, it seems).

Nice sale, but worth a lot more imho :)
Thanks for the report Venga (repped).

•••
I saw a couple geo's worth mentioning today on the new Latona's auction house $1 no reserve auctions:

nebraska.net
northdakota.net

--

•••
•••
.Net is my personal favorite, and I hope to expand my portfolio with some of them.

•••
About 15 hours left and already some nice bids. :)

Actually, it looks like all of the .nets in Latonas auction got bids already.

•••
•••
One of the favorite domains in my portfolio is a .net : www.MilitaryHistory.net . I'm saving that for the day when I have time to persue my interest in writing.

P.S. , It is also my favorite logo that I've ever paid for, check it out. Alex Betinsky, from www.alexbet.com designed it. He did a great job, though I do not use him anymore for my projects.

•••
That is a great logo Rogue, make sure when you launch the site you let us know..

I've got a long tail NET (globalwarmingnews) that I got cheap and have already gotten a $1xx offer for via email. When I counter offered got no response.. Whatcha .net'ers think? :gl:

•••
:lol: I'm selling, hit me up :P

Sold?? :)

---------- Post added at 06:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:11 PM ----------

One of the favorite domains in my portfolio is a .net : Military History . I'm saving that for the day when I have time to persue my interest in writing.

P.S. , It is also my favorite logo that I've ever paid for, check it out. Alex Betinsky, from AlexBet.com - Professional Graphic Design and Website Development Services designed it. He did a great job, though I do not use him anymore for my projects.

That IS a SWEET LOGO!!! :tu:

---------- Post added at 06:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:12 PM ----------

That is a great logo Rogue, make sure when you launch the site you let us know..

I've got a long tail NET (globalwarmingnews) that I got cheap and have already gotten a $1xx offer for via email. When I counter offered got no response.. Whatcha .net'ers think? :gl:

I like it...its real big in the news/net lately. :)

•••
•••
atelier.net just went for $30,000 on Sedo on the 14th :)

•••
•••
I get good offers for one of my .NET domain. The .dot com version is still on parking page. I guess, if you have ranking for keyword and good traffic then it can be sold to enduser or at marketplace.

Thanks

•••
I get good offers for one of my .NET domain. The .dot com version is still on parking page. I guess, if you have ranking for keyword and good traffic then it can be sold to enduser or at marketplace.

Thanks

and the name is? :lol:

•••
•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back