Dynadot

opinion Never Broker for Outbound Again

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

AMRO1001

Upgraded Member
Impact
I had horrible expirence with a borker, first he gave my domain very low valuation, but I did not agree, then after we agreed on a sale price, though out the process he kept pushing me lower the price obviouly below its true value, he outbound a domain for me and as a result it got UDRP threat, so I was pushed to lower the price again and the broker was scaring me to lower the price again and again.

the domain ended up selling 25% of its value, I lost alot of money on the table. Seems many brokers ( Not all of them) just care for thier commision even if you sell it at its 10% of its true value.

I was stupid anyways, Never ever again broker outside Godaddy inbound, and I should be patient until the customer approch me first to avoid UDRP threats.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Name the broker so that other people can avoid the person.

Plus, are you sure the UDRP threat was real and not a shady tactic employed by the shady broker.

•••
You should have said NO to any BS price.

Good luck next time

•••
Unless you signed a legally binding document or your domain infringes on buyer's trademark then you should never take UDRP threats seriously. That's why RDNH exists, to protect you against abusive UDRP claims. Nonetheless, this is not legal advice and I'm not a lawyer.

•••
You sold a name that got a UDRP threat, did you share this with the buyer? If you didn't, you and the broker are worth each other.

As far as you thinking you didn't get a good price. Talk to real estate or domain brokers, a lot of sellers always have remorse. This is why some brokers will never broker a name without having control of it. In fact, one of the reasons the fast transfer exists is to eliminate the shitty behavior of some domainers that when something sells they start hallucinating that the price was higher, and maybe the broker lowered it? They are convinced they were about to up the price and it doesn't help that everyone they share the news with claims they gave the name away.

Outbound takes a lot of work and rarely does anything sell. You agreed to a price you honor it, you could have said no.

•••
I had horrible expirence with a borker
Hi

they prolly was a borker, trying to be a broker.
some folks just started domaining last week and now they claim to have clients.

never let some clown outbound your domains, because you have no idea who they are soliciting.

imo....

•••
You sold a name that got a UDRP threat, did you share this with the buyer? If you didn't, you and the broker are worth each other.

As far as you thinking you didn't get a good price. Talk to real estate or domain brokers, a lot of sellers always have remorse. This is why some brokers will never broker a name without having control of it. In fact, one of the reasons the fast transfer exists is to eliminate the shitty behavior of some domainers that when something sells they start hallucinating that the price was higher, and maybe the broker lowered it? They are convinced they were about to up the price and it doesn't help that everyone they share the news with claims they gave the name away.

Outbound takes a lot of work and rarely does anything sell. You agreed to a price you honor it, you could have said no.
The buyer who bought the name is the one who gave UDRP threat, it was fake threat, but because if it I agreed to lower the price to extent I did not want at all!

Last edited:
•••
Post his name and information here so we can give him an UDRP threat.

•••
Post his name and information here so we can give him an UDRP threat.
No...part of it my mistake too..I should not have been influnced by his suggestions...and I did not for a big part of it....so I will not

•••
He tried to fool you with a fake UDRP so he is not a good guy. Other members need to know who is is so they can avoid it. Otherwise your thread here would not help anyone.

•••
What kind of domain is it? .com, 1-2 word, short, brandable, etc
I think it's difficult to say if the broker was wrong or not without knowing the name and the asking price

•••
No...part of it my mistake too..I should not have been influnced by his suggestions...and I did not for a big part of it....so I will not
So what's the whole point of the post, to tell us you won't use a broker again? because without giving the details of the broker so as to avoid him/her, I don't see the point of the post. 🤷‍♂️

•••
The buyer who bought the name is the one who gave UDRP threat, it was fake threat, but because if it I agreed to lower the price to extent I did not want at all!
is the name a trademark?

•••
Useless thread without naming the broker as this is not helpful at all.
I too would say that GoDaddy brokers are not good for domain sellers but without giving out the name, it's a waste of time of everyone.

•••
I had horrible expirence with a borker, first he gave my domain very low valuation, but I did not agree, then after we agreed on a sale price, though out the process he kept pushing me lower the price obviouly below its true value, he outbound a domain for me and as a result it got UDRP threat, so I was pushed to lower the price again and the broker was scaring me to lower the price again and again.

the domain ended up selling 25% of its value, I lost alot of money on the table. Seems many brokers ( Not all of them) just care for thier commision even if you sell it at its 10% of its true value.

I was stupid anyways, Never ever again broker outside Godaddy inbound, and I should be patient until the customer approch me first to avoid UDRP threats.
sounds to me like the broker and buyer were in cahoots to try and steal your domain. The domain industry in general is a sleezeball industry led by Go Daddy who can't be trusted either. They'll do the same thing to try and steal your domain. As they say, there's no honor among thieves:xf.rolleyes:

•••
So what is the purpose of this thread if you are not going to share what broker to avoid?

Neither one of you should have even considered outbound if the name has trademarks. That is the only lesson here and one your broker should have known and you as well doing this 9 years.

Borker indeed.

•••
He tried to fool you with a fake UDRP so he is not a good guy. Other members need to know who is is so they can avoid it. Otherwise your thread here would not help anyone.
No, I do not think at all, the UDRP was Real... I saw official letter from the business...the mistake was outbound a generic name to a business has a trade mark on the same name...its also my mistake I contact him in the first place.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back