Dynadot

domain New domainer - have 2 domains gearcove.com

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

dustin746

Impact
Hi everyone, I'm a college student and decided to try my hand at domaining. I found some names that weren't taken on GD and bought them for around $20.
I have:
gearcove.com
roomrouter.com

I parked them with Sedo and have them listed on Flippa as well. I really don't know what to value them at since domain valuation tools have an iffy reputation so I was wondering what you guys thought they were worth.
I'm learning as much as I can so any help you guys could offer would be greatly appreciated!

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I also acquired 2 more domains: cheap-condos.com and cooing.de
What do y'all think about these?

•••
Welcome to namepros.
Read lots, follow the trends and don't invest what you can't afford to lose.
In terms of value for the two names above..i would say not much unless you find the person that really wants them - ie; end users.

•••
I would suggest that you avoid regging domains with "-"

•••
Welcome to namepros.
Read lots, follow the trends and don't invest what you can't afford to lose.
In terms of value for the two names above..i would say not much unless you find the person that really wants them - ie; end users.
Alright, thanks

I would suggest that you avoid regging domains with "-"
I've heard that but I had a coupon to get it for $1 so I figured it was worth it. I normally wouldn't do it though. Thanks

•••
•••
These names don't make much sense. I don't see who would be motivated to the point of buying them. Probably that is why they were unregistered. The first question you should ask yourself is, are there any potential end users ?
People detest buying domain names at a premium, they really need a compelling reason to do so. If you own outstanding domains, then you'll always get unsolicited inquiries and offers. But everybody can buy some unregistered domain, like you just did. Actually, it wouldn't be hard at all to find better domains with a bit of patience and brain storming.

•••
I have:
gearcove.com
roomrouter.com

I'm not crazy about these but they are better than the ones below.

I also acquired 2 more domains: cheap-condos.com and cooing.de

Hyphens hurt the value of domain names. Some end users use them but overall try your best to stay away from hyphens

-Omar

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back